Caffeine and Octane: MOVING

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Yet again, due to some childish people, the event was asked to leave the premises. The organizers are scouting new locations, but it will be somewhere else in July.

Personally, I was never a huge fan of the location they picked. The starbucks in there can't handle a normal day, let alone almost 10,000 people stopping in. That and a lack of entrances/exits made for one giant clusterfuck of a traffic mess.

Typical Alpharetta PD was being giant raging douche bags too. They were telling people driving to slow down when they were only able to go 10mph to begin with due to traffic.

Unfortunately, there's also quite a few 'elitist' pricks (BMW owners) who are complaining that there's too many "plain jane" cars in there and wish to segregate (kick out) those who don't have 'super cars'. I still think it's funny that they think they can stay when they don't have super cars to begin with. I also think it's awesome that the organizers told those people to leave, don't come back, and create their own show/meet/etc.

The whole point of this show is to get any/all people who appreciate the automobile. It's not just some show to look at exotics or rare cars. It's for anyone and everyone. People need to learn and understand that.

Hopefully, we hear where the new venue will be soon.

http://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane
    http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

2. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I understand that these events are for anyone that doesn't mind waking up at the ass crack of dawn but I think these will continue to moved as a result of the d-bags that show up to rev their engines, park in an I designated area, etc. The more people that find out about this, the chances of being forced to find a new location will increase.

Although I've owned a couple M3's myself, I will have to say that the owners of the E60 M5's are tools. They ride in thinking they are the show.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

As soon as I started seeing pics from the event posted on Import Atlanta, I knew it was only a matter of time..

4. John

John Active Member

Meets / shows usually go well for awhile...then a bunch of idiots start showing up....then it moves.

and the process starts all over again.

its the circle of life in the automotive world.

Pretty much the only meet that has stayed in the same location is the Varsity meet. Every month I hear people saying "The V meet is canceled!" but it just keeps happening lol. Any day now Atlanta PD will crack down on that and start kicking everyone out.

5. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Again?!?! Sheez!!!! Move it to Kennesaw off Barrett Pkwy for once...Hehehehehe. I think there's one on the second saturday of every month but only a dozen cars show up.

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I'll probably try to come out to this next one, depending on where it is.

7. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Those are just people posting saying it's cancelled to see how many idiots fall for it. Usually the noobs are like "WTF yo?!"

Terrible idea. There is a reason why Barrett has a bad rep. If they were to do that, you'd never see me there.

8. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

A parking deck would be nice. Rain or shine, we can all show up.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Knew this was gonna happen when there was nowhere to park in any of the adjoining businesses.

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm honestly a fan of it moving, that lot was way too small and the lack of entrances was a huge issue. The only think I did like was that it was really close to my house.

11. Matt

lucky for you, they're looking at a couple places close by...

12. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Idiots are just going to ruin the show where ever it moves too. I hate how the small percentage of people always cause issues for the group as a whole.

13. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

From what I was told by one of the LEO's at the first meet of the new location was that the owner of the venue also owned the shopping complex across the street and that we could occupy the parking spots over there as well should we out grow it. Obviously that won't happen.

I also think Butler Tire shouldn't be allowed to take up as many spots with those butcherized vehicles.

14. Matt

sadly, butler tire is a big sponsor of the show and they're paying a premium for their booth to be there.

15. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I wasn't aware they were a sponsor. I just figured they were showing off their good work on destroying the looks of a car. They're style doesn't really fit into this type of crowd anyways. They need to go back to Riverdale or something.