Alpharetta check in...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AFSil80, Jun 23, 2011.

1. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

New guy here...been into Nissans for awhile.

[​IMG]

That's my current one...#4 out of 7 that I've had.

I've also got an 04 WRX wagon. It's got a few things done to it, but I need a new short block for it, so if anyone can help me in that regard, I'd be gracious for your help.

Other things about me, uhh...I like snowboarding and the beach. Kinda opposite of each other, but it means I got stuff I can enjoy year round, haha.

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Welcome and sweet 240 bro.... JK nice car.

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Congrats on the new ride, I've had a few 240s myself.

Let me know what you need as far as a shortblock goes.

Matt@topspeed

4. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

nice car man! whats all done to it?

on a side note,once i get my car back ill have a short block out of an sti with 44,000 miles on it. Blown ringlands but still salvageable.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Hello back from Alpharetta also :wavey: Sweet looking 240!

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Very nice Sileighty. (Or rather Sil40) And welcome to the forums!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  7. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! As far as mods go, the WRX has a 3" Perrin downpipe, and TEIN coilovers that I haven't gotten around to installing since the car doesn't run yet. Normally I'd say I've done typical 240 stuff to my S13, but seeing as how I don't have a welded diff, SR20, gay aero, and the car isn't slammed on the ground, I guess my car would stick out a little when grouped with other 240's.

Thanks Matt, I had spoken to you on the phone a couple weeks ago and gauged your opinions on inspecting the motor that came with the car and rebuilding, versus the costs of a new motor altogether.

Batlground has some JDM EJ20's laying around, but I am not going to waste my time wiring up an old stock Legacy motor. I'd rather come to you guys anyways.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  8. ApexShift

ApexShift Member

Hey back from Alpharetta, I see you around every once in a while. I'm the guy with the white 05' STi with black / dark grey wheels and a black UK300 spoiler if you've seen me.

Welcome and good luck with the engine. Have you checked with Brandon at All Pro in Alpharetta to see if he has one or knows of one?

9. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

I haven't checked beyond the first couple pages of the classifieds. I'm relatively new to the local Subaru community, but I know of some of the predominant shops that are on here. Some I'm more than happy to check into, and I won't talk about the others.

As far as seeing the 240, it's a rare thing seeing as how I don't always have it up here, not to mention my work hours are pretty weird.

10. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

did you use to live in cobb?

11. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

Yep, off Sandy Plains. I moved back in December. Once I buy my own house, I'll probably be in West Cobb.

12. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

yea i've seen you around a few times awhile back
    welcome!

13. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

Yeah, the 240 usually ends up here once every couple months, haha. I hate driving it as my DD though, b/c it gets crap gas mileage, and has no A/C (for now). I've got an Accord that gets me 28mpg, so that's been my main mode of transportation, but the WRX will replace that as soon as I get it on the road.