Friday Night Drags

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by nik_05STi, Jul 1, 2011.

1. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Has anyone been to one of these yet down at Atlanta Motor Speedway??

According to the website, they don't start elimination drags til after 9pm so I think it might be worth going to after work. I also counted 19 different classes but not sure if all types will be there, but I hope.

I wont be entering my STi but will be checking out the car show and drag racing.

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

To hot for TMIC turbo cars.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

that's what a bag of ice is for.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

...dry ice ;)

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

doesnt help your pre maf iat's.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

;) ya doing it wrong

I have a TON of experience in this.

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

bag of ice is a bad idea, any leaks water or other will get you booted. Dry ice from Kroger or the like just evaps. Just make sure you have all the dry ice away from the intake while running. Bad things can happen if ingesting CO2.

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

not my first rodeo either. ice made maybe .5mph dif in my trapspeed. Maybe you have a different place of putting the ice, or a different application method, but as far as straight ice on the IC on a hot subaru on a hot night with a wait in the pits(maybe you ice in the pits as well?), save your money for a cool dry night.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No ice on the IC. Keep the crap in the bag....don't let it drip. Ice laying on the intake pipe but before the MAF. In the pits I spray down the IC with n20 and get it cold and I push the car through....don't let it run. When at the tree I purge n2o on the IC.

10. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

well fuck me sideways. (is that explanantion kinda proving my point of saving your money for a cool dry night?)

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I see your point. But I was just saying you can do it if ya want ;)

12. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Went there several weeks ago. Twas hot as can be. The good part twas parking in the garage and lots of lighting and you can connect up fans while you hang out.

They have an 1/8th of a mile track and don't track the time. You do get to drive around AMS.

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Done it a few times, even though it's a helluva drive.
    Might make a fun G2G.

14. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I ended up going and it was tight. Mostly american but still fun. You can bring beer and food and carry it with you to the stands. I'll be going back again sometime

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Breel talked me into it once, i had a blast. I was passing through on my way to Columbus so I had a ton of luggage in the car and managed beat a turbo civic hatch but knocked out by a mazdaspeed 6 with launch control. 10 more feet of track and I would have had him too lol. First time ever drag racing so my launch was definitely needed help.

Good times there and Id be down to go again.

16. b reel

b reel Active Member

fucking peer pressure and drunk drag racing makes for good times

17. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Pretty good time out there. We have been a couple times and always had fun. Definitely a diverse group of people in attendance!

18. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

its an interesting venue, driving into the area is a nice visual, anyways.

19. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

The best part is them allowing you to circle the track. Even at a slow pace, not everyone is able to do that at AMS

20. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

was that the stripped out teal hatch?

That thing handed me my ass on a silver platter. :|