GC wire merge

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Cool_____, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Who's the go to person to merge a WRX harness into a GC 2.5RS harness? Thinking of picking up a GC but I want to keep the stock interior and dash.

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I think AllPro did the wiring harness for Mike and Rick's GC

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They swapped my entire dash iirc. That's not a wire merge....that's more of a wire swap. I want something like Sanders has but don't want to send something to EastCoastSwappers due to bad experience in the past.

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

i was going to say east coast swappers. but i'm not familiar with anyone else locally. i'm sure allpro would be willing to tackle it. i know wiring is a bitch.

5. John

John Active Member

I've talked to Brandon before about this and he says he does dash swaps. I don't know if he will tackle a harness merge, but you can ask him. I'm sure if you make it worth his time, he would hook you up

6. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Breel should h
    ave the merged harness out of my gc. It was a 2000rs and wrx wiremerge.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Who did the merge?

I would give ECS a try....the bad experience was a friend of mine's who had 4 wires in the wrong pins. But again that could have been an honest mistake or something he didn't tell ECS (year changes perhaps?).

8. calmnothing

Batlground did the merge. I had it running great for 18 months. What year is your gc? I also have the ecu and 550cc injectors.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Haven't bought one yet.....thinking about doing it. On the fence.....oh decisions decisions.

10. calmnothing

If you do get it, get one of the 98-01 years. They had a better grille headlight combo.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks for the offer but I am very aware of the numerous issue that you and wazzy had with your swaps so I'm going to pass.

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

yeah both of mine are full harness swaps.

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't think that wazzy had his initial work done at batlground. But I'm pretty sure they fixed it after

14. calmnothing

Never had any issues really. It was just a tune that was wonky. Who's wazzy?

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's cool. I think I would rather do something different than to use another swap. The deal i tried to line up didn't work out....I have plenty of time. Maybe make this long-term project.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

17. John

John Active Member

My car (Wazzys old car) was done at Batlground. Justin did the wiring. He left BG and went to Zen, then recently came back to BG.

I know Wazzy has had poor experiences with BG, and I have as well. My projectile trigger wheel under the hood last time I was on the dyno was due to faulty welds that BG did...They were even nice enough to charge me to repair their faulty work!

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I'm staying away from their work....too many horror stories.

Also not doing a merge as I'm not keeping the ECU.......I just want the OEM cluster and all to work with the new setup. Lots of time and research to do but before anything I need to source a good car :)

19. John

John Active Member

I have my gauge cluster working on the non-oem harness. If you ever need to take a look to see how its wired in, let me know. I'm sure your final setup will be somewhat different then mine, but looking at mine might point you in the right direction

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm not going to shoot for insane power. 350-400 hp all I desire. 06+ wrx swap likely the donor. Again this is ALL in the research and planning phase.

21. John

John Active Member

What ECU are you wanting to run?

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Whatever ECU comes with the donor engine.

23. John

John Active Member

then you're going to have to do a merge.

unless I'm missing something

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

A merge after the ECU yes. Before the ECU no.

25. John

John Active Member

Just go buy a Lamborghini. That will solve all your problems! haha

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heh I don't like them. Would rather go Ferrari.

27. John

John Active Member

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

29. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Looked on my phone....that car is so fake. It's a kit and its very obvious.

31. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Exactly my thoughts. Rofl