Turbo owner again...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Jun 15, 2010.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Just dropping in to say hi. :naughty:

Over in the homeland and now have two pretty turbos in the driveway.

Wife gets to drive the D5 V70 (inline 5 turbodiesel):
    [​IMG]

And I get an old Saab (9-3 turbo):
    [​IMG]

Hope everyone is well. :)

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Welcome back dude. Things have definitely changed around here recently. You will probably like it even more.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'll do some reading to catch up on things.

BTW, the 9-3 is a '99 so has the T5 engine with forged pistons rather than the later T7 with cast ones, so generally holds up well to around 500hp. Not that I would ever modify a car of mine....

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Holy Shit!!! Christer is still alives....

Good to see you back brother.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

sup dude..welcome back to the board.. how is Sweden?

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

wow welcome back dude

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Welcome back, I literally just wondered this morning if guys had moved and gotten settled (saw a Honda Fit). Pick up a DSLR yet?

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yup, still got my Canon gear (1Ds II, 50D, lots of glass) and do some shooting. :)

Sweden's quite nice, but a bit cold as is to be expected. Bought a house from '48 so there's some work that needs to be done but it's moving along nicely. Starting work in August so have plenty of time for renovations.

Here's a recent DSLR shot...

[​IMG]

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

don't go into the clearing!!!

welcome back dude

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Wow welcome back! Those Saabs were always such cool cars.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

My Scandinavian brother! Heya :wavey:

Haven't seen you on AIM in quite some time.

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Still on there as ForceFedWagon (which I guess applies once again, you should hear the turbo whooshing from the V70 when you put some load on it). :D

Bought a boost gauge for the 9-3 that I'll install this weekend to see how much of a kick I'll get from flashing it... Saab for some reason left the wastegate hanging open on the low pressure turbo version (154hp) though the hardware is identical to that of the high pressure turbo one (185hp). You just have to add the boost solenoid and get the ECU to work it and you can run around 1.2bar on the stock turbo rather than the measly .4 you get from the factory. That'll yield 225-230hp on the stock intake/exhaust.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice.

14. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Hallå! Du är från Sverige, eh? That's cool. And nice carssssss. Loving the V70.

15. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome back dude!!

16. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Woahhh I didnt notice u were back in scandi, hope all is well, both nice cars.

17. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, time for the annual visit. ;) Sorry for not keeping up with the boards here, but working fulltime, running a side consulting business, and trying to keep the photo hobby going. The 9-3 has been running great, but with a second kid on the way (a month or so from now) I wanted a little more room for car seats, as well as a little more storage and hauling ability.

So picked up an '04 9-5 Aero, 2.3 liter turbo, 250 ponies stock. "258" lb/ft of torque according to Saab though more than a few locals have dynoed over 260 at the wheels bone stock. Ventilated seats, refrigerated glovebox, what more can one ask for? :D

Hope everyone is doing well! Kris, sorry I did not get a chance to see you when we were in ATL last.

[​IMG]