Canton area off road

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by John, Jul 31, 2011.

1. John

John Active Member

I know there is somewhere around Canton a few of the guys on here go to get into the dirt / trails

Can someone share a location with me? I'm sick of looking at google maps and driving around trying to find something lol

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Ah good times

[​IMG]

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

Location Dana?

4. John

John Active Member

shhh no names lol

Yeah Dana...where is that at?

And when a location is figured out....who wants to join in on a little fun?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  5. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

How much damage would it do to my paint :|

6. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

haha jchon..plenty by the sounds of it.

Hey John, is there anyone on our side of town that does sandblasting and powdercoating of wheels?

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

the question is how much damage does it do to your computer, fender liners, struts, exhaust hangers and lower radiator support?

8. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

[​IMG]

This helps

9. John

John Active Member

Not sure. I moved lol.

Check out Metro Wheels in Marietta. I have a place around Canton I use for the shop thats pretty decent. I'll have to dig up their info though

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That was such a fun day. Well worth a Motherboard and Power Supply on my part.

11. pankopp

pankopp Member

I would certainly be interested if a place is found.... been itching to get my BFG all terrains dirty...

12. Travis@Forged

Travis@Forged New Member

I'm 90 percent sure that is Sweetwater area.

PM me if you need directions, I grew up that way and I know that area very well back from my off-roading days.

13. John

John Active Member

Thanks Travis. I sent you a PM

14. Travis@Forged

Travis@Forged New Member

No problem. You've got directions and instructions.

15. John

John Active Member

Thanks a bunch Travis.

Now we have a place. When are we going to do this? haha And who is going to join in on the fun?

16. lucky13

lucky13 Member

as soon as i can get a set of rally armor flaps, i'm in...keep me posted:)

17. techlord

techlord Active Member

John send those top secret directions to me please

18. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Is the Naca Duct towards the rear to help cool the rear diff?

19. John

John Active Member

It won't be a secret if I send it to everyone.....would it?

Haha, I'll get something to you later this evening.

20. ninja01

ninja01 Member

im in as long as its a weekend

21. John

John Active Member

It will probably be a Sunday

22. John

John Active Member

k guys. I'm going out this Sunday.

Whos with me?

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Have fun fixing your car next week!

24. John

John Active Member

always

25. lucky13

lucky13 Member

well id be in but i havent gotten any mud flaps yet...anybody got some?

26. John

John Active Member

you don't need mud flaps! lol

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Why you say that?

28. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Mudflaps are the least of your worries

29. ninja01

ninja01 Member

hmm I might be able to go depending on what time.. ill try to talk Cmags and MiniMags into going.. snicker

30. John

John Active Member

Sounds good! It will likely be early afternoon. You have my number ninja, give me a shout tomorrow and let me know if you will be able to make it or not...and let me know about chris and mini

31. cMags

cMags Member

MiniMags is what Ninja calls my son. The guy thinks I'm going to take my 10-month old on an offroad run... :nuts:

Doubt I'll be able to come this time around, the wife has midterms next week so I'm on baby duty so she can get some studying in.

Edit: Shhh no names! :p

32. ninja01

ninja01 Member

oh waaah... start him young.. hes gonna be in the baby seat anyways

33. John

John Active Member

HAHA!

I see nothing wrong with bringing the little one along as long as you don't get too crazy. Kids like bumpy rides! haha

34. I guess I should tune in to this conversation, considering I was the one who did most the damage to ones car, lol. It was hella fun!! I have thought about seriously getting a beatup non-turbo impreza and just having some real fun.

Key points for people who want to go over there:

Dont go if you are lowered, yeah you may think Ill be just fine, but then you wanna push it a little more next thing you know your missing some exhaust and beat the shit out of your underbody. You will need all the wheel travel you can get and when there is non left, you start bending shit.
    <--- Learned first hand

Go ahead and invest in some push-clips for your fender wells, cause you can kiss those good bye at one point during the trip.

Last but not least bring $5 in quarters to wash all the shit off your car. Your gonna waste most of the time trying to unlodge chunks of stuff from control arms, exhaust, brakes, etc.
    Be weary of some redneck teen driving a red Jeep Cherokee, dude drives like a fuckin crazy man.

If your ok with all that, DAMN is it a good time....

Here is the video from that day, it was to much fun... disregard the camera man (my teenage, brother-in-law) it was his first time having fun in the subie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-PGhgVeoc

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  35. John

John Active Member

Thanks for the heads up

I'm lowered...but not THAT lowered. I sit maybe an inch below stock legacy sedan height.

Not worried about my fender liners.....I already lost one of them.

I have a good idea of what my car can and can not handle. I'm not going to go into something knowing that it can't take it.

36. Im sure you will be fine John, the message was ment more for those who have never been off-road or havent found there limits, and knowing what to expect. Cause I will say sometimes, shit happens, lol.

Ohh did you get my last email about Saturday?

37. John

John Active Member

wiley, I sent you an e-mail.

Anyone who is interested in joining we are meeting at my shop at about 1PM....rolling out at 130ish

Browns Automotive Repair
    863 Waleska Rd
    Canton, GA

38. cMags

cMags Member

If you are up for doing this again next weekend, I should be able to come then. That is, if your car(s) survive the trip lol.

39. ninja01

ninja01 Member

bah you should just bring MiniMags and Pmags

40. John

John Active Member

I'll see whoever decides to come in a little bit

41. ninja01

ninja01 Member

ill prolly head out around 12:15 from here

42. Ill be there

43. John

John Active Member

See you guys in a little bit

44. John

John Active Member

About to roll out. We will report back with damages

hahahaha

45. John

John Active Member

grrr....coppers were there. couldn't have any fun ):

46. Canton off road location has official been closed. Called a local buddy who informed me there had been to much activity with teens drinking and car accidents. Park rangers have stepped in to enforce the county property, they put crap loads of signs up and even offer rewards to report violators. So advice to all, stay away.....

On other news I'm working on finding another location. I have heard of a couple but wanna check them out before listing them. Ill post up on new thread with new locations.

47. John

John Active Member

What a shame.

It may be a good idea NOT to publicly post it. Try to keep it private...that way it doesn't get ruined.

I'm as well looking. There is about 10 miles of dirt road by my house...but its blocked off. Hours of google maps here I come.

Dunno if this will be any help

http://www.georgiaoverland.com/2010/01/georgia-dot-and-forest-service-roads.html

http://www.n-georgia.com/orv_trails.htm

There is also this

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility.php?generaltypeid=2

This one looks somewhat promising....but its a little bit of a drive http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility.php?facilityid=64

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  48. cMags

cMags Member

Damn that's disappointing...

49. John

John Active Member

yeah....I had to wash all the dirt off my car.....from only half a mile of dirt driving haha

50. ninja01

ninja01 Member

I didnt bother to wash Scooby.. ill just let all the dirt blow off overnight or in the morning when I start driving.. lol :naughty: