New in Sandy Springs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bigsum0, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a brief introduction. I just recently purchased a 2011 White Satin Pearl WRX STi. It's the sedan model and I'm absolutely in love with it. This is my first Subaru, and hopefully it will be my first of many.

I upgraded from a 2006 Acura RSX-Type S. The Acura was a good car, but it didn't have the all-out balls to the walls performance that the STi did, not to mention the space.

I bought the car down in Tampa, FL, where I frequantly make trips to see friends and family. I then drove the car up here to Atlanta, where I currently work.

I went to the Gwinette thursday meet and met a few folks and had a good time. I plan to attend the Bi-Weekly tuesday meet, so I hope to meet a few more of you there.:)

2. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Welcome!

There's another member on this board we need you to talk to about upgrading from an Acura

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

Are you referring to the hopeless hairless ginger stalker?

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome!

5. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Welcome. Can't wait to see the car.

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

congrats man, past and new car. You going to modding the sti at all?

7. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

If you come out to the bi-weekly meets, I'll be sure to be there. In the mean time, I'm working on setting up a photo bucket so i can link some pictures.

8. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing the car next tuesday!

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Congrats on the new ride. What part of Sandy Springs are you in.

10. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

I'm still new to the area, so forgive me if I seem geographically challenged. I believe I'm in Fulton county? I'm basically right where Abernathy and Roswell Rd. intersect.

I moved up here about a year ago, and I've managed to keep it pretty low-key. I've always loved Subarus, but was never apart of the community. I decided to change that when I bought the new ride.

You'll definitely see me a week after Tuesday, if not at the restaurant, maybe driving around because I am completely lost :eek:

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Cool, I'm right down the street from you, and there are quite a few other guys in this area. Its not that hard to navigate around here you will figure it out quickly.

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

some were born and raised here and get lost 3 blocks away so don't feel too bad

13. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

where do you work if you dont mind me asking? i work at rubbermaid and I remember seeing a white sti driving by?

14. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Haha! I work right next door at the Glenlake building! Certainly is a small world :p.

I work at Transcend Services located in the Glenlake building (I believe its One Glenlake that's next to Rubbermaid). That was most likely me, unless there is another white STi around here I havn't spotted yet.

If you're down I'm always available to get lunch around noon-ish.

15. mokinbird87

wow.. i cant believe this... hahaha. Lunch sounds awesome man

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome :wavey:

17. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Sweet! Just let me know when you are free and we'll get together. I usually work from home on Friday's, so I'd be more towards the Roswell Rd. and I285 intersection. But Mon-Thurs I'll be right next door.

Let me know what works best for you and we'll get together :)

18. mokinbird87

wherever we go, do you mind driving the first time? i have never been in the newer STIs before :naughty:

19. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

I'd be more than happy to do that. Since I bought the car I've been looking for excuses to go driving ;)

20. mokinbird87

are you leaving at 5? if you`re not too busy we should have a lil chat after work

21. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Yeah sounds good, I'll be getting out at 5 and we can meet up. Should I meet you in your parking garage, or do you want to come over to ours?

22. mokinbird87

Damn this was a failure cuz I got trapped by my boss at work lol

23. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Im still here in my parking garage

24. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

I need to head over to a buddies house, maybe if you're free next week or this weekend we can get together

25. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

welcome to the site! I'm in Sandy Springs area often - of course in my work vehicle. would love to check it out the car and meet you soon though!

26. mokinbird87

next week for sure!

27. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Hey man, you get off at 5 again? I'm down to meet up if you're free.

28. mokinbird87

failed again haha... tomorrow for sure! check your PM

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  29. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Stalked your posts. Is mockingbird still next door? Any time you want to grab lunch let me know.

30. Matt

mokinbird lives in SoCal now.

31. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

LOL. This thread was revived from the dead. Man... I was 21 when this thread was started... I'd like to go back please. :beer:

32. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

Haha! Was good to finally meet you, I've seen that 2015 and have been drooling over it the last few days.

I'd be down to get lunch sometime too, let me know what days you're available. Work's been chaotic as we've been losing people left and right, so i can't guarentee anything, but would be good to line something up.

33. Matto357

Ain't nobody got time to figure out how old the thread they are bringing back from the dead is.

34. Matto357

Yeah, I decided to start parking up top after picking up about four new door dings on my 06 since I started working in this building. It's the one place I can park like an asshole if I want and no one will care.

Do you know who has the BRZ up there?

Also, you should probably come out to meets.

35. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

I hear ya, i'm on the 6th for the same reason. I've met the guy who owns the black BRZ, but I don't know him very well.

I've been to a few meets a while back, but have been hanging out with the lotus club here at work. There's a nice 08 Exige that parks at our building, he works with me so I can sometimes snag rides in some pretty awesome exotics :)

The week-day meets are tough for me since traffic, dog, and work but I'll see if I can make it to the next meetup.

36. Matto357

The one with the "Follow me to the waffle house" license plate surround? Haven't even met the guy and I already like him.

37. Matt

I've seen that car at C&O

38. Bigsum0

Bigsum0 New Member

That's the guy! His name is Mick, he's real good people. We usually have drives the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month up in north Georgia, its always a good time. You should come with while the weather is still bearable.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you some details.