New member needs tires!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by italian, Oct 18, 2005.

1. italian

italian New Member

Hi guys!

I just moved to Marietta from Arkansas a couple of weeks ago, what a change hehe

I drive a white sti and I'm living in Marietta, love it so far!

My Pirelli corsa (awesome tires) are done and I'm looking for some Contiextreme tires. I know they are all season tires but I'm on my third set in 18000 miles (no, I don't do track or donuts) *sigh* and can't really afford to go on like this.

Do you guys have any recommendation on tire places in the marietta area?

BTW if you guys are meeting on weekends let me know.

--Alex

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

welcome aboard, glad to have you here.

discount tire is in duluth, i hear they have great prices (near discover mills mall).

as for the conti's... i know 2 other people that have run them, they're loud, and they wear fast. but if that's your preference...

as for going through 3 sets in 18k... you probably know this already, but get your alignment checked, specifically the toe. you really shouldn't have to be swapping sets that often if your not tracking/auto-xing. i would recommend going for a harder compound.

as far as alignments are concerned:
    gran turismo (770-455-0347)
    topspeed (topspeedsales.com)
    sog (subaruofgwinnett.com)

they're all excellent shops, people come in from all around to have these guys work on their machines. i wouldn't trust the awd alignment to just any shop around here, awd can be a little buggy when it comes to that.

good luck, and hope you enjoy ga.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  3. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

gran turismo all the way!

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

How "done" are the corsa's? You might be able to make a little money by selling them to one of the STX Auto-x'ers...like me....

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to WRXatlanta! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Best of luck with the tire situation.

cheers,

6. SILBER A4

SILBER A4 New Member

Yeah, i would recommend Gran Turismo, even though they give me a hard time about some of the suspension mods (adjustable arms and links) thay have done a supurb job the last two times i have had them align the Audi. If they can align my lowered A4 i am sure they can handle your Scooby. They also sell and install tires. They sold me a set of BFG G-force sports that i am very happy with. i have put over 5000 miles on them in the last 2 months (including 2 runs up to the Dragon in NC) and they still look like they have MINIMAL wear for the miles. The price was right too.

Good luck.

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i love white! welcome to the club!

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Gran Turismo East is great! I would highly recommend them.

Welcome to the club!

--
    Brian

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah bro go to Discount tire in Duluth and say your with WRXatlanta and they should take care of ya..... :bigthumb:

10. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

Second the G-Force BFG's. I have KDW's on my STi, love 'em. Great wet or dry.

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I only go to gran turismo for my tire/alignment work. They are awesome, always great service! I've taken my STi there several times and same for my old WRX. They mounted my kumho victoracers on my pink wheels for me too.

[​IMG]

Tire wise, you can always search the local forums and or nasico, i-club etc for somebody selling their 070s with wheels. I got a set of bbs with 070s that had only one month of use (the tires looked unused) for a $1000. You can buy and then easily sell the rims once you use up the tires. Good luck!

12. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I'm looking to get some new tires very soon. How much are the G-Forces? Where's Gran Turismo? and do they sell others (Falken ZE-512 ZIEX for example...) What's the life of a G-Force too? I want something that'll go at least 30k... Also, what size tires can I fit on my stock rims (225/40/16 are the RE-92s..) can I go up to 230 or 235? what about the sidewall, recommendations there?

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I just got G-force sports from Gran Turismo yesterday, haven't driven enough for a solid opinion...but.. They ride great and seem alot stiffer than my Kuhmo 711's. They are Z's though so that could be the difference. They also seem quieter. I got the tires, balance, and performance alignment for $670. I prolly could've saved a few bones getting the tires from Discount Tire instead, but since I had to go to GT for the align anyway... I wanted the G-force KDW's but 2 guys at GT said they were unbearably loud and I would hate them....
    Skull - GT is on Shallowford rd. Just a couple miles inside 285... as far as tire width I wouldn't go any wider than 225's on stock rims. At least on my 03' the stockers were 6.5" wide, event 225's would prolly have a huge bubble for a sidewall. Can't say how long they last...

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I was looking at the G-Force Sports the other day. Tirerack has them for $75 a tire I believe, that's in 225-50-16. I'm going with 225s on the stock wheels. You might rub since you're lowered pretty low, there's a thread on NASIOC about what tires will rub when you're lowered so much on a wagon.