My downgrade build

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by undrgrndrdr15, Sep 25, 2011.

1. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

Wow its been forever since i have been on here.... I got rid of my wagon and just been trying to get my head back above water ever since... finally starting my next project, sadly its not a subaru. I went back to the honda game.

1998 Honda Civic Dx
    d16y7
    auto
    a/c
    powersteering
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty clean car and came away with it for very cheap. Was just going to dd the car and then the mod bug hit me....

to keep it easy i will post pictures of what the car is now and keep updating as they change.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. undrgrndrdr15

My upgrades on the car as of now are:
    16x8 0 offset xxr wheels
    nitto neo gen 205/55/16
    skunk2 front camber kit
    SPC rear camber kit
    rear window visor
    20% tint

Things to still be installed:
    Front lip
    Coilovers
    sways
    motor

3. undrgrndrdr15

For the fun stuff... I am in the process of building a full d16y8 vtec motor... I am going forged internals and low compression for boost. I plan to leave the car automatic and see how long and how much power it can actually take, yes i know not alot. I have plans to add large external trans cooler and that be it. Here are the pics of the motor goodies, should be starting assembly soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  4. Jake

Jake Active Member

honda knows what they are doing when it comes to engineering motors, they build for max n/a power then detune the motors back 30%. so the internals and such can handle 30% more power than they have from the factory. however, they don't do the same for their transmissions. they, sadly aren't meant to handle even the factory torque levels which are pretty much non-existent. from what i've read (and experienced first-hand), until 2009 there weren't any really 'good' Honda transmissions out there. auto or manual.

good luck with your build, the best part is, Honda's are cheap and so are parts

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

Does the blazer/jimmy still live?

6. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not really digging the Mexican wheels but hey if you like it then good!

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

It used to be, hey look at that Mexican with those wheels. In past 2 years, everyone has been doing it. Can't even call it Mexican wheels anymore.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It started as mexican wheels it stays as mexican wheels imo.

10. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

What about the V Dub guys?

11. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Mexican. So many Mexicans drive the Jettas and Passats. Especially the GLI Jetta.

12. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

-.- alright, u guys win.

13. Unidub

Unidub Member

I had one and I am brown (Brazilian).:rofl:

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

FYI anything south of the Rio Grande is considered Mexican

15. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Whats the difference?

16. undrgrndrdr15

-matt honda trans are certainly not strong when it comes to automatics and i know this... in my research i have seen no proven numbers or accounts of big power in one... so i figure why not run it to see what it can handle and let the world know how crappy they really are! lol

-brian the jimmy still lives and breaths and is my daily... yes the wheels are a little much but for the wheels and tires i paid 200 bucks so i couldnt resist... those pictures were before the camber kits were installed so they did poke out a good bit...

i do like the look of them call me mexican doesnt bother me... to me it gives the 4 door body style a little bit of personality...

17. undrgrndrdr15

and speaking of cheap... im planning on having it built and tuned and done for all under 4k is my plan... and right now im still way within budget!

18. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

The word is Mexiflush

19. 02blackwrx

02blackwrx Member

I dig the low offset wheels. Looks good. I am currently building a Honda myself but just so happen to get a wrx for a daily so I can keep my hatch safely locked up in the garage.

Just a pic of my project
    [​IMG].

lmk if there are any parts you are looking for. Got a garage full of extra Honda parts.

20. undrgrndrdr15

What kinda stuffs ya have... Pm me

21. undrgrndrdr15

well been busy but got some updates on my progress... ending up swapping to manual :/ my buddy totaled his car so i grabbed all the parts and will everything is out of the car im gonna go ahead and swap it...

got the old motor and trans pulled and took out all the auto crap, installed the camber kits, installed my coil overs on the car, and started assembly of the motor... things are coming along...

22. undrgrndrdr15

23. 02blackwrx

02blackwrx Member

Digging the offset of the wheels

24. undrgrndrdr15

Thanks... Getting close.. Motor is complete just looking for harness and distributor and car will be on the road

25. crash#2

crash#2 Member

im liking this build. first time the mod bug bit me it was in the form of a 92 accord auto. ended up with an h22a and prelude manual tranny. spent a small fortune on the car sold it to some dumb kid who put it on airbags and drags is up and down the streets of my home town shooting sparks everywhere.

26. undrgrndrdr15

I started my mod bug on a 95 accord swapping a Jdm h22 and m2b4 LSD trans in... This is my first run at single cam motors and probably my last lol

27. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Got any Hytech headers in there for a B16?....actually any B series parts for the motor?