Autocross at Turner Field?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by jchon3, Oct 6, 2011.

1. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Who is going out tomorrow?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Saturday?

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I love auto-x but the Atlanta events are too crowded. You spend too much time standing around and too little time driving.

4. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

I stand corrected :rofl: Saturday*
    I am probably going to go out and watch :/

5. Unidub

Unidub Member

I might be out there racing.
    Depends on how things look tomorrow and what all I get done. (Trans fluid, Rear diff fluid, oil and coil overs)

6. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Ill be looking for the jbp STi :)

7. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

if he goes, ill be there watching

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I would suggest trying another region to see how efficient they are; Atlanta Region runs a faster release time (i.e. cars release on course) than nationals (which has 1,200 entries). I've stood around at other regions for 6-8 hours with they only have 40-50 people. Furthermore you have to only commit half your day as the region runs morning and afternoon afternoon sessions.

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Saturday is Points 10 event; Sunday is the season finale, Champion of Champion event.

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

wow...early season this year?

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Nope, season always ends in October. Since we are at the mercy of the potential of playoff games, we always schedule the season to end in early October so we have time to reschedule before the weather gets cold. Also early November is always the ARRC which we never want to schedule on top of.

12. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yeap as meredith said atlanta region is by far the MOST efficient region i've been to and only having to be there half a day really helps..its just a huge number of entrants and i dunno if there is really any possible way to be any faster with that number of people racing than they are now

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

They run a pretty tight ship. Both events where as fun as they get.
    I met a new WRX driver at the BoR. Thanks for the ride-along.
    Cheers to a great year.