A Scooby Nooby in that White STi

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Electioneer, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Hey guys,

I finally got into a STi after dreaming about it for years before puberty. I sold my first car, a 05 VW Jetta GLI, and picked this on up at Stivers Subaru in Decatur.

The GLI had everything I was comfortable doing with it at far as engine goes (chipped, TBE, etc.) and was lowered on spaced out to give a clean stance with the OEM BBS wheels. It looked great but I wanted to sell it before I really racked up miles on in and it had the fatal flaw of having and autotragic tranny.

My plans for the STi are to slowly modify the engine while learning the basics of tuning. In the mean time I will brush up the interior and exterior and improve on what needs it while keeping the OEM look for the most part.

I was told the car was stock when I bought it with the factory short shifter. After a day or so being home I gave it a once over and found Cobb front and rear sway bars :))) and that the factory short shifter was a cobb short shifter :))). Happy day.

I'll stick with the members journal mainly for my own sake but feel free to chime in with any suggestions.

Current Modifications:
    Interior
    -Factory Boost Gauge
    -New Blue Floor mats
    Exterior
    -Re-sprayed front grill flat black
    Engine (265whp/272tq)
    -Basic Tune
    Drivetrain
    -Cobb Short Shifter
    Suspension/Wheels
    -Silver BBS w/ Potenza Re070
    -Cobb Rear Sway Bar
    -Cobb Front Sway Bar

On the Docket:
    -Exhaust
    -Uppipe
    -EWG
    -Wideband
    -New boost gauge/remove factory
    -Fluid Swap (Tranny/rear diff/oil)
    -Clean up the paint (Remove specs, oil, blemishes, etc.)
    -Find a suitable Shift knob+boot+e-brake boot
    -Paint third brake light red
    -Remove offset front license plate holder/fix holes

As the car currently sits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Take care,
    Reed

2. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

SUPER CLEAN CAR!
    welcome to the community!!

3. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

clean engine bay, and its white! great buy! welcome

4. Unidub

Unidub Member

Welcome.
    Wow that's super clean.
    How many miles are on it?

5. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

Great looking ride! Welcome!

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Freaking beautiful ride! Aspen White is my favorite color on Subarus! Welcome to the forums!

7. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I thought I had the cleanest '05 around but your ride looks brand new in your pics. Loving the white!! Debadge the subaru from the trunk, you'll love the rear even more without it.