Off Road Fun - 10-22-11 - Canton Area

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by John, Oct 11, 2011.

1. John

John Active Member

For anyone who would like to join us, we will be meeting for some trail riding / dirt field fun on the 22nd of this month.

Space is limited due to the nature of the activity. If you want in, speak up soon.

Details :

WHEN : Saturday October 22nd, 2011 : about 1pm
    WHERE : Canton
    MEET SPOT : TBA to those attending via PM

Trails range from basic to moderate skill level. There is nothing that should be too much for a Outback or Forester to handle, but I do carry chains / straps / ropes in my car in case anyone gets stuck. I can say that on our last trip, we hit a few mildly challenging spots, but nobody got stuck.

Some spots may be a little much for a stock WRX / STI, but if you want to give it a shot, you're more than welcome too. I'll happily pull you out if you get stuck.

Here are a few pictures from our last trip recently to give you an idea of what we will be playing around with

Those attending :

John - 98 Legacy Outback
    Cmags - 03 Impreza Outback
    Ninga01 - 99 Forester
    Jab83 - 98 Legacy Outback
    Blaze_Cunnings - STI

Maybe :
    King (riding along)
    WileyCoyote (riding along)

Spots are filling up. I may let one or two more people in...but can't have too many lol

Please post here if you're interested in joining us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Looks like alot of fun, lifted sti with mud terrains would be fun here lol.

3. John

John Active Member

Yes its loads of fun!

Check your PMs man. I just replied to the PM you sent me a few days ago. Sorry about the delay

4. ninja01

ninja01 Member

the good looking gold forester is me :D

5. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Does this mean, after im done with this off road fun that ill need a new car?

6. cMags

cMags Member

That would depend on exactly how much fun you have lol. But honestly, these are all our daily drivers, so we're not ragging on them beyond their capabilities, and can still have quite a bit of fun.

Though a few bumps and bruises for the cars are expected. I've been on two trips, one ended with a debeaded tire (mine), and another a pulled off front bumper (john's). It happens.

7. John

John Active Member

Let me explain what CMags is talking about a little more.

We were in a big clearing and there was an embeded branch sticking up that knocked the tire off of CMags rim....It just needed to be aired up.

I ripped my bumper off because I am the fucking idiot who took their lowered car off road and tried to climb a big hill! haha. I'll be lifting it up before this next trip though.

As long as you're not reckless, you shouldn't damage anything beyond the possible tire.

8. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

sounds like fun!

Another fozzy for the run. Let me check my calendar.
    Joe

9. John

John Active Member

Joe, just shoot me a PM and let me know as soon as you find out if you're able to make it or not

10. hey im interested, hopefully my sti can make it through some easy spots

11. John

John Active Member

blaze, i'm not sure how an sti will handle this stuff...it may get a little rough for an STI. If you still want to come, you're more then welcome to...and if you wind up getting stuck somewhere I'll happily pull you out.

Are you lowered or still at stock height?

12. im a little lowered, i just want to get my car super muddy since I have a fundraising car wash I plan on going to and wanna get my moneys worth.

13. John

John Active Member

haha fair enough. I'll PM you details on a meet spot

14. John

John Active Member

15. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

count me out. Family plans take the priority.

Keep me in mind next round. I've been looking for a dirt field and some light trails.

Joe

16. cMags

cMags Member

Blaze should be able to make it to a *couple * of the mudpits with some careful tire positioning over some of the tougher entrance way stuff. Just have to park it and ride with us down the powerline trail. Dirt field is wide open though, which gives a nice dry cake on top of the mud ;)

17. ninja01

ninja01 Member

cake? mmm I want some cake.. but not the muddy kind.. snicker.. I have room for passengers

18. cMags

cMags Member

We all have room for passengers. That's why we drive wagons.

19. John

John Active Member

I'm doing my suspension now

20. cMags

cMags Member

In the dark. In the rain. In the driveway. With hand tools.

That's the dedication we've come to expect from a Subaru lover. :clap:

21. John

John Active Member

Fronts are done now and I give up for the night. I'll get the rears tomorrow. My front is sitting about 3 inches taller now. The old springs were super low.

22. cMags

cMags Member

It'll stay tall until you move the car... When I lifted my rears at the AllPro install day, and put the car back on the ground, it looked like it was still on ramps until I did a test drive and it settled out. With WRX all around I expect about an inch lift, maybe an inch and a half.

23. John

John Active Member

I dunno about that. I just drove and they are still just as tall as they were when I first put the car down...Maybe they are not WRX springs...

Here is before and after pics of the front

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. cMags

cMags Member

Looks good, now you need rubber as bad as I, because those tires look tiny in there.

Sent from my Evo Shift using Tapatalk

25. John

John Active Member

A week away guys!

anyone else thinking of joining us?

26. FACE

FACE Active Member

Looks like fun... until it's time to wash her

27. John

John Active Member

Thats what the rain is for

28. John

John Active Member

This weekend guys!

29. ninja01

ninja01 Member

thats what the car washes are for.. although I did get kicked out of the first one I tried to go into before I put my money in.. they said I was too muddy for them so I just took it down the road to the home depot fuel center car wash instead :)

30. cMags

cMags Member

Whats the point of a car wash that won't allow you to wash a dirty car? :hsnono: Only clean cars allowed?

It was just as easy to wash mine at home, tho I did add a good layer of clay to my driveway in the process lol.

31. John

John Active Member

I washed my car yesterday...and since it rained lastnight I wanted to check the condition of the trails...so its all muddy again

32. toddsti

toddsti New Member

That's what I'm talking about Blaze

I'm interested for sure!

ps stis r still in prod rt?

33. John

John Active Member

This is tomorrow guys!

34. John

John Active Member

Well that was fun!

I broke my front right axle
    My friend in another 98 Outback hydrolocked his engine
    CMAGS ripped parts of his bumper off
    Todd lost a fender liner
    and Ninja01 didn't break anything (jackass! lol)

My car will be fixed tomorrow
    My friends hydrolocked car is already up and running great
    Cmags bumper is repaired
    And Todds fender liner is in his trunk.

We had lots of fun. I'll update with pics later on?

35. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

Looking forward to the pics! Sound like it was a blast!