Decent 235/40/17

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Genya, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Looking for replacement tire. Any recommendations? Im loooking at the Kumho MX as well as the Azenis, but am open to a easier wearing tire or a good value (130$ max per tire :p) Can this price be found local?

Thx!

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Why stop at 235s?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

NEXEN baby!!!

5. Genya

LoL no nexen hehe, any good words on the ventus? Never heard of it before.

6. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I have the R-S2 tires on my s2k. They seem to work quite well, but aren't quite as sticky as the oem tires (brigestone s02 tires). For the price (1/2 of the oem tires), they are quite good. They have worn very well. I have had them since June without issues.

On the s2k/miata forums, people have said that they are better than the kumho mx tires, but not as good as the azenis. They do last a lot longer than azenis though.

Once nasioc gets back up (one of 6-million in florida without electricity), I am sure you can find more reviews there.

Found this on IWSTI:
    --
    Brian

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  7. Genya

Ahh awesome man thanks a bunch! I think ill go for em.

I would go 245, but not sure thats a good fit on the 04 bbs

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  9. Genya

Ahh thats is what ill order up in 235 flavor then. 40 sidewall Thx :)

10. SILBER A4

SILBER A4 New Member

If you have not ordered yet. I have been pretty happy with my BFG G-Force TA's that i got from Gran Turismo East in Doraville. They are on my A4. I little heavier than the WRX (i think) and they handle quite well. Even up @ the Dragon. I think they are 235/40/17 on BBS RK 8" wheels all around. The next step i would like to take would be a dedicated set of track shoes (wheels & tires)

For the track i think it best to stay with a 17" w/ a 40 series tire vs. an 18" w/ a 35 series tire. ANY OTHER OPINIONS ON THIS SUBJECT?

also: What is the best DOT track tire?

11. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Kumho V710s are supposedly the best autocross tire. For the 05 STi, you can run 275/40-17 on the 17x8 wheels, but 17x9 are better. I heard that Toyo RA-1s are the best for track use, ordered shaved to 4/32.

--
    Brian

12. Genya

Well they should be here this week, hopefully in time for the run. Anyone want to help me select camber bolts? O:) Are they available locally?

13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

you get your tires on yet? Make sure to do some driving with them before the mountain run to scrub off the mold release.

--
    Brian