New Member From Out of Town

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SubieChik, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Hello everyone my name is Billie :wavey: I'm in the Air Force stationed at Langley AFB, VA. I joined the boards because I will be coming down to ATL for 3 weeks for training and I'll be in the Buckhead area. I am looking forward to being in a different area for a bit and seeing what the South East Subie community is all about :)

I drive an '06 SpecB and my husband has a built '08 STI. I'll post a couple pics, but I'll start a journal for the mods and picture whoring :wiggle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

That is a really nice Legacy! And your husband's STi is pretty awesome too.
    Welcome to the boards!

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

Bad ass!

4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

love the tag on STi - welcome aboard

nit-picking here, but anyway you can change the font off purple? A lot of us run the darkness theme on the site and it's hard to see the purple text on the gray background

5. cMags

cMags Member

Very nice! My wife and I are also a Legacy/Impreza family, though her Legacy is a stock '06 SE, and I've taken my '05 OBS in a very different direction than your husband's STI:

[​IMG]

6. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Thanks everyone!

lol...sorry about the purple....it's a habit, I am on about 8 different forums and I use purple on every single one :cool:

I came up with both plates......I was surprised at how creative I got. Mine is my favorite though....it says LXRYSTI

Thanks :) Believe it or not the STI stays like that all the time too. That is my husbands favorite thing to do.....he cleans it at least once every 2 or 3 days....it is his "man time" :rofl:

7. cMags

cMags Member

His dedication shows - that is one *very* clean STI. I love the plate too... the FL4T is brilliant saying "flat" and "flat 4" at the same time. Mine is less creative, simply "CMAGS".

8. Welcome!

Since you're up north... are you on SubieGirls.com? Would be great to have another SubieGirl on WRXAtlanta!

Always great to see another husband and wife team of enthusiasts. My hubs and I both drive 04 WRX's.

9. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Welcome. I really dig your SpecB and wouldn't mind having one myself. Your husband's STi is nice as well.

10. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

Welcome aboard! Are you on any other sites?

I swear I've seen the name before
    Joe

11. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Yup. I'm SubieChik on there too. I post every once in a while....not much though.

Thank you :)

You probably have. I have the same name on every Subie forum I am on...lol

iwsti
    nasioc
    subiegirls
    legacygt.com
    legacygt.org
    buffaloscooby

haha I am probably missing one......and about 4 or 5 non vehicle specific car enthusiast forums

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

welcome, nice rides!!

13. Awesome! I'm Megadeth2118's_wife on there as well. Glad to have another SubieGirl in Atlanta, even if only for a short time! :wavey:

14. brownhelmet1

brownhelmet1 Member

welcome hope to see you out

15. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Thanks!

Just wondering though guys......how are the cops down there? For those of you that have been to VA, you know what I am am coming from so I don't think anything could be any worse than here.....but do they leave you alone as long as you are blending in? Cops like to mess with me even when I am doing nothing wrong :(

16. b reel

b reel Active Member

Depends, if in Cobb county they just shoot first and cover up later

17. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Finally got here last night. 8 hours and 20 minutes....yuck. Holy shit though it is so confusing to get around....lol. Tried to go to the Lenox mall about a mile up the road and by the time I went there and target I wish I walked....lol.

18. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yes. Roads here are atrocious.

19. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Can anyone recommened a decent car wash (prefer to wash it myself) near Peachtree Rd?

20. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

A great tip is to NOT try to understand the road naming convention. After I got to the intersection of Acworth Due West, Kennesaw Due West, Due West, and Due west and you have to turn off of Due west to get onto Due West...I gave up.

.. http://g.co/maps/f7vre

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  21. b reel

b reel Active Member

This is what happens when you rely on GT undergrads to develop a traffic plan for ATL.

22. Cactus Carwash on Piedmont. A+ service.

23. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Few days too late ;) Already been there. Was kinda upset when I got there and saw it wasn't touchless......but I didn't know where else to go...

24. KDJ770

KDJ770 New Member

If you have an Android phone - Google Maps Navigation FTW! Rarely let me down while I navigated the sprawl that is Atlanta and outlying regions. Been here for about 3 months - it does get better.

25. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

You think its confusing to get around down here? Did you ever get comfortable with driving in the 64/264 bridge tunnel bridge tunnel bridge maze that surrounds the hampton roads area?

It took me SO long to get used to all that up there. And no, cops are no where near as bad down here as they are up there. Neither is the traffic!

26. SubieChik

SubieChik New Member

Been in Hampton Roads for almost 6 years....could drive it with my eyes closed. And actually all in that area is 64/264/564/664and 464....lol.

There is more traffic here....BUT traffic is worse at home because we are backed up for longer periods of time and for no reasons at all...just because people can't keep up speeds in the tunnels. Here there is more traffic.....but it moves much smoother....key word being MOVES. LOL!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011