Movie Review: Bunraku

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blaster, Jan 31, 2012.

1. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Someone said they were happy to see the movie reviews back, and I felt Bunraku was worth a mention.

It's currently on Netflix instant, and while it isn't a fantastic movie, it's pure eye candy. It takes place in a future society where guns are banned and gangs try to control a city that's almost like fuedal Japan. Violent, colorful, and a bit gritty – almost as if the live action and animated bits of Kill Bill had a dirty night in Vegas and this film was the baby. Definitely worth a shot if you've got some time. (You'll know in the first five minutes if you want to watch more.)

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looks interesting... Friend just told me its Sin City meets Sucker Punch... Might have to lift my Netflix ban and get it back...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Redbox has this movie too - so no need to lift your Netflix ban.

4. Figment

Figment Member

Watched last night.was ok.Warriors way on netflix is/was 10 x better!

5. blaster

I liked Warriors Way a lot for a straight-up western samurai flick, but the art direction in Bunraku is just out of control. I loved the environments and the style of the whole thing more than the flim itself. That's not to say I didn't like the film, but I do remember it starting to drag a bit towards the end.

6. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Meh- I felt it dragged most of the way till the end...

7. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Watched it last night. It was meh. The narrating story line got old fast.

8. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Prolly would have rocked if I were stoned.... just sayin'

9. blaster

Maybe you should try it again.