Help me with my new website

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Kokopelli, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I am trying to launch a new website called Rateback.com and could use a little help. The idea for the site comes from a member here who is not very active. I have been helping by putting together the website. Website developement is not how I make my living so if anybody has ideas or comments about the design and approach I'd love to hear them.

The website is geared towards providing a convenient way for all of us to share our experiences with local service providers (Dentists, Chiropractors, Mechanics, Plumbers, Handymen, Real Estate Agents, etc.)
    I know at first it sounds sort of like Angie's List but this model is better for the members and the providers.

On Angie's List anyone who pays can write a review for any provider even if they didn't actually use them. You see quite a few negative reviews out there that make you wonder if it was actually an Angie's List member or a rival provider trying to bring the competition down. The same goes for the wonderful glowing reviews. Did the company write their own? How can you really trust any of the reviews?
    The Rateback model is different and has advantages for the members.
    The first advantage to the members is that you don't have to pay to be a member. Why should you have to pay a third party for reviews? The whole idea of having to pay to find a provider is perverse.

The second advantage is that as a member you have the potential to earn money based on your reviews.

Here is how the referral part works:
    When you write a review a link will be posted on your Facebook wall. This link can also be copied and emailed to friends if you so desire or add it can be added as a link to your own website.
    When another person clicks the link they will receive a personalized coupon from you for that service provider.
    When they redeem the coupon and come back and write a review they will receive additional cash back from their visit with the provider and you will receive a referral fee.

Here is a sample coupon
    [​IMG]

Now that the person that clicked on your link has redeemed the coupon and left a review they will be able give out coupons to their friends and get the same referral fees as you. The bonus here is that since that person's coupon was created by them redeeming your coupon, you will also get a referral fee from anybody using their coupon. These referral fees will continue to be split down the hierarchy until it can't be split anymore.

The advantage for the provider:
    Providers that sign up with our service will get a more targeted marketing campaign. Unlike other models that charge providers based on clicks or useless flyers in the mail this model only cost the provider when an actual sale is complete and a review is written. The reduced cost of marketing is then passed back to the customers in the form of coupons and cash back.

This is where I need some help:
    I need to get some reviews for the local providers and some traction on the website so I can approach providers and try to get them on board. One of the respected vendors on this site is already on board and ready to go. I plan on letting the kickoff process go for two or three weeks and see how things are going. When it gets going the full site will be launched.

In the full site you will be able to search for local providers and read the reviews. It is important that you have written useful reviews because the more people that search and click on your review to get a coupon the more you stand to make. Keep in mind that as an earlier reviewer you will be higher up in the referral hierarchy and have the potential to make more money.

You can also earn more money if you can help me get providers signed up. If you know of any please email me at info@rateback.com

http://www.rateback.com

Thanks
    Mike

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Kupertrooper

Kupertrooper New Member

I might be able to help. Send me a PM.