Who off roads? If so, where?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by aftercrash, Feb 6, 2012.

1. aftercrash

aftercrash Member

Looking to find some good dirt to take the impreza to while I'm in the mountains next weekend. Anyone know some good spots?

2. Texsun

Texsun Member

Mountains? Up here near Dahlonega?

3. aftercrash

aftercrash Member

I will be in Ellijay with the girlfriend. I wanted to find some dirt roads to drive around on......I could hit Dahlonaga first.....

4. Texsun

Texsun Member

I know of a few trails but I wont be off work till late today if you wanna stop by Dahlonega I can run into town and say whats up. If you are coming up Hwy 9 towards 52 let me know I live pretty close to there.

5. aftercrash

aftercrash Member

I won't be up that way until the 17th-20th :)

6. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

There are about 4 gravel roads that are up there, but I can't think of what their name or route numbers are. One is near an army base....

7. drewmob

drewmob Member

We beat the crap out of the wagon down dick's creek and popcorn trail up @ lake burton a few times. I don't know that I'd try it in a WRX. The wagon's hood submerged completely in a creek crossing & I def have a lot more clearance in it. There is plenty of trail riding up there w/ national forest service roads. This is a good time of year to act foolish too - no campers & trout streams are closed. Have fun. Consider taking an extra fuel filter with you.

8. aftercrash

aftercrash Member

SO i guess the STi is probably in the same boat as the wrx?

9. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Unless its raised a bit and has rally fitted tires with good underbody protection of some sort, I would stay away.

10. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Look for the forest service roads (FS), REI or any camping shop has the maps .
    Watch out for the ones that say maintained for FWD only though, depending on ground clearance.

11. crash#2

crash#2 Member

you could rallycross. i go to huntsville al and birmingham. google tvrscca and team tac