GTG's on the northside

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Xray10six, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

I know that the bi-weekly gtg's usually take place on the north side, but I am looking to see if there are any groups that meet up on the weekends (When I don't have to get up early for work the next day), shoot the shit, maybe even plan drives to places.

I used to run with a fair size group in Savannah that later became a pretty tight family of people. The occasional beer pong tournament at a friends house, beach trips, Superbowl parties... FRIENDS with a common denominator (Subarus). As usual, the more you got to know the people and helped out with working on the cars, the group got stronger.

Does this already exist in the area and Im not looking in the right places or are people willing to start meeting up...

2. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

I'll be willing to meet up. I live in Smyrna, so not to far from you. and I havent heard any meets around here other than the bi-weekly meet.

3. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

I work in Smyrna and live in Canton. I'd like to get together with a group of us one of these days.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

what time do you get up for work, 5am?

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm also in Smyrna/Vinings area.

6. gobbsmack

gobbsmack Member

yea get up with some ppl also. I dont work many weekends and if i do its optional.

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

there are a bunch of us on the northside...I am in Marietta, right off the square

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Or...if you mean North-north, there are quite a few of us in Alpharetta/Cumming.

9. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

I'm in the sandy springs Roswell area. I just moved here, so I'm not sure of where would be a good place to meet up. Any ideas?

Also, anyone know of any car shows coming up. Could possibly roll together as a group...

And I'm usaually up for work around 6, but my wife work nights, so when she's home, I like to actually see her.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

11. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

^ yea, caffeine and octane is a great meet. but we can try to set up a meet on other days too.

12. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

Definitely. Im glad to see that others are interested. I dont know what people are planning for this weekend, but if the weather holds out, maybe we can at least arrange a meet up. If yall are interested, let me know!

13. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

Ok, small rebuttal. I somehow forgot that this weekend is my birthday weekend, and my family has plans. so I won't be out, but on a more serious note, I would like to do a meet'n'greet sometime in the near future, or maybe meet up at the bi-weekly meets to get to know one another

14. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

Sounds good

15. gobbsmack

gobbsmack Member

Im game for this. But ill be on my bike. Car still out of commission

16. ninja01

ninja01 Member

im in Kennesaw.. id be up for a weekend meetup somewheres

17. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Im in canton and would be down for a meet.

18. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

Im gonna throw this out there. I realize that its kinda short notice and is on a sunday, but if anyone is interested in meeting up tomorrow night, possibly discuss meeting places and potential gumball runs, Im available tomorrow evening. I was thinking the parking garage at the TacoMac Prado. I figure there at least it wont be windy and it will still be lit. Let me know if yall would be interested...

19. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

cant make it for this evening, if there is a meet.

20. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

Where in canton r u located? I live off holly street..

21. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

I'm on the Holly Springs side off of Hickory Road

22. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

Cool hope to see u around I got white wagon, my wife has a black wrx sedan and by bro inlaw has a white sti. We all stay in this area. Hopefully we can get a gathering setup.

23. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Nice.. Hope to see you around

24. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Lets try to put something together bump......

25. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

im free all next week if we want to set up something. but we also have the biweekly dinner on tuesday.

26. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Caffeine and octane is on Sunday...there is always a few of us there.

27. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

^ o yea, forgot about caffeine and octane. i wont make to this one.

28. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

I'm looking to head out here Sunday. Is it off 400 exit 11? Which shopping center is it at?

29. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

id like to go to a get together. ive been on the forum for a while but still havent been able to make it to any of the meets.
    Im gonna try to make it to caffine and octane but i probably wont be able to.

But the weather is warmin up a bit, after this next cold front someone should get a cook out or somethin like that together..A new comers lunch for ones like me that havent met many of the forum members yet

30. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Get off 400 and head towards Hwy 9. It is the office complex on the right...just past Deerfield Parkway..just past Wild Wings and HHGregg.