Forged Performance - Cornfed 07 STI, 2.7L Stroker, 618whp @ 32psi

Discussion in 'Forged Performance' started by Decker@Forged, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

True. No set number other than 11 to 12 range seems to be best power for most fuels. High VE engines, especially big cams and turbos where the trq curve is pushed to the right can typically sustain higher AF ratios and more ignition timing for better power.

On stock engines, we see too much knock even at high 11's so I'm usually in the 11.0 to 11.5 ranges for AF. It's all a matter of what a specific engine and setup likes.

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks for the explaination.

Need more of this on this site!

3. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

4. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Awesome numbers and the car sounds good. I would be curious to see what it makes on my dyno when its all said and done.

5. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Thanks for the offer, Doug. We'll take you up on it. If you want to bring a couple of cars down to our dyno day on Nov 5th, the runs will be on the house.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Any updates on this beast?

7. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Street tuning on 93oct is done and the car is scheduled for 11/1/11 for E85 tuning with NOS hooked up. What a project.....

All done real soon. Then I can get back to my 401 Jeep J10 project.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oooooh E85 and nitrous. :diggity: Keep us informed!

Any idea what kind of numbers you are pulling on 93 octane?

9. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

520whp give or take..I posted it up a while back on my FB page but if memory is correct is what right there in that range. Highest numbers we've seen on 93octane on our dyno. It's looking great!

10. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Well past 11/1/11. Any updates or final numbers?

11. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

639WHP and we ran out of pump. Crazy because it has a lot of pump (044).

Bosch 0 580 254 044 Inline Fuel Pump

Bosch 044 fuel pumps mount inline (out side of your gas tank), most commonly rear center under your car or truck. Each Bosch 044 inline fuel pump provides 300LPH of flow and operate at 72.5 PSI. Bosch 0-580-254-044 fuel pumps are comparable to the Walbro 255LPH high pressure inline fuel pumps which can both support vehicles for up to 600-700 horse power. Can be used in sequence with an intank Walbro or Bosch 040 fuel pump.

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump Specs:
    Bosch Part Number: 0580254044
    Minimum Current: 12 Volts
    Operating Pressure: 72.5 PSI (5 Bar)
    Minimum Flow @ Outlet: 80 GPH (300 LPH)
    Fuel Pump Location: In-Line
    High Temperature Reduction: 8 GPH (30 LPH)
    Weight: 1030 Grams (2.27 Pounds)

Fuel Pump Connections:
    Inlet: M18 x 1.5
    Outlet: M12 x 1.5
    Electrical: Positive M6 / Negative M5
    Either going to A1000 or similar next month.

Because of the E85 and NOS, the 685HP rating doesn't cut it. There is an in tank pump to feed the 044's in the trunk. But not enough gas to safely spray the NOS, so FP is going to re-do the fuel supply to the motor and then spray it to over 700whp. Good to have the AEM able to control all this crap. Arming switches and BC in the glovebox. When TPS is at 100%, the AEM will fire the NOS if armed and ready.

12. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

The A1000 pumps do not do well on the street in my experience. Money obviously isn't an issue with this build, you should take a look at the Weldon pumps they are very nice pumps.

13. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Whats the fuel pump setup now?

14. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Walbro in tank to feed 1 gal tank in trunk. 044 #1 runs constant, 044 #2 kicks on at WOT.

Or at least that's how it worked before the NOS, because the AEM NOS circuit was used to power on the pump #2.

[​IMG]

The setup is pretty, but might scrap the pair of 044 for the Weldon, A1000, or other big boy pump.

15. Doug@DBW Motorsports

what line feeds the car? stock or larger?

16. slowwrx

You could Y both of the 044s in together, I wouldn't because I think running twin pumps is a recipe for disaster.

A single Weldon will provide you enough fuel for both the rails and the Nitrous setup.

17. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

The trunk is too pretty. Might add another 0440 on the fender.
    Also going to replace the catback. I have the old Greddy2, probably going with the Greddy Spectrum.

Want to keep it quiet. Ish.

18. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

[​IMG]

This is what it looked like before the NOS and new exhaust. Now it is getting fastar. :)

19. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

will the NOS help the spool? Only 2000 usable RPM will go pretty quickly

20. slowwrx

Im sure they will spin it higher than 7250

21. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Will get spool started under 3800 and can run to 7800.

Despite the curve, things get cooking at 4k and clearly launch at 5k. It's still not fun because the push back in the seat coupled with the banshee noise of the motor/turbo/exhaust is disconcerting. I guess for guys that have run full out race cars before it is nothing- but coming from street cars to this thing is unsettling. I'm more comfortable on my S1000rr at full throttle than the STI.

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Then why build it?

23. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Cause I never was into hookers and cocaine.
    A lot of the older folks who do my job used hookers and cocaine as their escape. Something like a hobby. I've got motorsports and home projects. And more work. :hs: