Discount oakleys?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Willsanches, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

So i really want some Oakley frogskins and Holbrooks. I know about a couple dicount sites like 6pm. But i just stumbled upon this one http://www.discount-oakley-sunglasses.us/

I know that when things seem too good to be true, they usually are. I really dont care if they are fake, as long as they look the same. All you pay for with stuff like that is the name anyway, I just wanna be sure that I will actually receive what i pay for, and that its not one of those where the ones i order will be on back order for the next 20 years.

Anyone ever hear about this website before?

2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

oakleyvault.com has some good deals every now and then. i got a pair of oakley felons for $35 last yera

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

do you really want cheap lens that can shatter in your eyes? i can imagine a getting broken glass in your eyes would suck. you only have 1 set of eyes

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

.... Its never the same.

Fake brands will go out quick, wont feel as comfortable as the brand name, the threads will loosen up real quick and you will have a shoe double its size in no time lol.

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Yeah people give Oakley a bad name, they do make a shit ton on their glasses, but they also only use the best lense quailty, and have alot of R and D into their finishes. The lenses the Oakley passes up on company's like Smith sunglasses, etc will buy for a discount and thats the lense they come with.

FYI.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

i love my smiths, if only i can get the screw to stay in one side. i won't ever pay the premium for another pair of oakley's again

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

There's at least one or two people on here who work in a doctors office. They can surely get you a discount on Oakleys.

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

There are no discount on Oakleys. Employee discount is your best bet. Oakley vault for anything discontinued.

9. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Ok so Oakley vault is just discontinued, not 'irregulars' or anything?

Sorry maybe its a dumb question, just I've been sunglass hunting since I just lost my pair of oakleys.

10. Matt

I haven't had a pair of Oakley's in years. I prefer Maui Jim.

11. crazyazn

Yah, I'm not really brand picky, I just want really good polarization, but nothing crazy like fishing glasses.

12. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

maui jim's are such the better piece of eyewear.

13. Matt

definitely better for driving. their polarization is top notch!

14. crazyazn

good, to know, I'll have take a look at that brand.

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Oakley = lens strength

Maui Jim = lens clarity

16. crazyazn

see this forum is great, not only can I find out how to 'waste' my money on my car, but also on guns and now sunglasses :p

17. Matt

18. Texsun

Texsun Member

www.usstandardissue.com

gotta still have a valid military ID but you can get awesome deals... I may be willing to order some stuff for some people if yall cant get access.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

20. Matt

:lol: I've actually got 2 pair of these, and getting ready to get a third. :D

You still rockin' those from the Staind concert?

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hell yeah. Those things are holding up better than I would have ever imagined.

22. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I was just trying to see if the site was legit. just wanna be sure they send me what i pay for.

as far as quality I'm really not that worried. I have a pair of Smiths i usually wear, and prescription oakly gascans i wear when i drive.

i only want these oaklys cause they look cool. And since i have the other 2 pairs i don't want to spend much on another pair. If there were ones that looked the same at wal mart id get them instead lol

But thanks for the input:wavey:

23. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I love my smiths too. and i had the same problem. I got a piece stiff wire and put it through the screw hole and soldered it on both sides.The hinge works perfect now

24. brownhelmet1

brownhelmet1 Member

oakley lenses actually make ballistic lenses, i have a old set that we shot with a 12 gauge shotgun at maybe 15 meters and the pellets are still stuck in the lense i will not sacrifice my eyesight for a cheap pair of sunglasses thats just my 02

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

do you guys fucking ride motorcycles with no helmets all the goddamned time?! why the fuck is everyone saying 'i wont sacrifice my eyesight'? do you regularly get shot at with 12 gauge shotguns in the face? do you ride in your car with your head out the window? seriously, when have you ever needed ballistic lenses in your glasses. the companies designed them that way so dumbasses who drop/sit on/step on/smash their glasses won't be SOL, because the average daily user is fucking idiotic and NOT because 1 out of every 100 people say they want ballistic lenses to be cool.

AND.... even if you ride with a faceless helmet, you wouldn't want JUST ballistic glasses, you'd also want some frames that HUG your face and possibly even cause a little seal.

the BEST pair of glasses i ever owned (before needing polarized/prescription lenses) were some $5 aviators from walmart. guess what, if they broke i could buy 20-50 pairs before you could buy one pair of oakleys.

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

I've had a wheel weight clip the windscreen and bounce off my helmet before but the worst is a June bug at 80mph. Oakley Mframes held up nice but I swear it felt like being shot in the face

27. pressley311

pressley311 Member

usstandardissue.com is a discount site from oakley for military and lawenforcement, They have good prices all i had to do is email them a picture of my military ID

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

that's what closed face helmets are for. and you ride, so you're excused.

29. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

do not use this website. they use a 3rd party company visamasterpay@sitecomplaint.com to process transactions that are known scammers.
    http://www.scambook.com/search?search=sitecomplaint.com

30. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

31. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Had a dragonfly nail my glasses once. The worse was when I was riding in a poker run with a bunch of Harley's and the one in front of me backfired. Watched a red hot piece of carbon fly up in slow motion it seemed and smack my Oakley's. Fell down inside my jacket and burnt the piss out of my chest....I almost fell off the bike from wiggling trying to get the thing to fall out.

32. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Do you ride? If so, then you know its nice to pop the shield at a stop light or low speed to get some air, and it is very easy to leave it up @50-60 mph and not worry about it. Highway speeds my shield is always down just bc of the lift it creats when up. But anything lower speeds i could be caught with my shield up.