mother truckin rain!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MattACK, Mar 9, 2012.

1. MattACK

MattACK Member

So it was a nice night last night and was cruisng with the sunroof open... Except I forgot to close it last night. Now I have puddles in my back floorboards.... Sonofabitch!

So I dried it out with a towl and turned the heat on, going to let it idle for about 30 mins.

I'm going to go haze myself.

2. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

I would throw in a fan and let it run for half a day. You need some air circulation in there so it won't mold. Cold circulating air works for me from experience in having kids spilling stuff.

3. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Damp rid.

4. MattACK

MattACK Member

Best I can do is ride with the windows down on my 45 min ride to school.

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Damprid....once container in each side. Towels and just lay them in there to soak up...replace as needed.

If you have access to a carpet cleaner with hand attachment it'll suck it up plenty.

6. MattACK

MattACK Member

Thanks for the tips fellas

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

8. trouble06

trouble06 Member

^^^^ HAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one!

9. 4eyedconekiller

4eyedconekiller New Member

A wet/dry shopvac will do wonders as well... Go by a local coin-op car wash - I've seen those vacuums do stuff that I've never been able to do with my shopvac, lol.

If you do have a chamois (read: shammy), use it as well. Buy a cheapo one at wally world, and press it into the carpet.

If you can guarantee no rain, leave the windows cracked if you can... will help more than anything. Pull the floormats, and let it do it's thing. 30 min of heat wont touch a water-soaked floorboard.

If you have the space, pull the carpet, and hang it to dry. use towels, chamois, or anythignelse you can to dry the water on the floor pan and let the carpet dry naturally.

Just some options for you.

LOL at the sham-wow!

10. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I can't say I haven't done this myself except mine was filled with snow the next morning. It was rather cold in the car to say the least. lol.