2.0 or 2.5 I cant decide

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by smk1026, Mar 2, 2012.

1. smk1026

smk1026 New Member

Im currently shopping for a WRX and i think the 06-07 ones are sexy as hell and they are 2.5s but im also considering a Blob eye rex and those are the 2.0 ive heard the the 2.0 are great for building but im not sure whether i want to build mine when i get it HELP GUYS! :eek:hnoes:

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

The 2.0 is not great for building, buy one with a 2.5 in it

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

definitely listen to just about anything this man says...ESPECIALLY when it comes to Subaru engines and drivetrains.

4. slowwrx

If you have the money 04 STIs are getting pretty cheap now

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

2.5 all the way

6. smk1026

smk1026 New Member

im glad I asked because all the chi-town subie guys say that the 2.0 are great lol you see where the confusion is? my spending limit is like 12k so I just need to find the right car

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

8. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

evo..

>.>
    <.<

:hides:

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

just buy a STi, it's what every WRX owner spends a small fortune on to replicate. Before you buy have it checked by any of the supporting vendors or if someone wants to volunteer to check a few out with you

10. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

This. STi's have many upgrades over the WRX. If you are really thinking about 'building' just pony up now... it will save you a ton down the road.

11. slowwrx

If 12 is your budget save up another 2 or 3k. You are much better off buying a ragged out STI than buying a wrx.

12. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I regret not buying an sti in cash when i bought my wrx, had the money too. I thought saving 6-7k would be nice. Ended up spending around 3k so far trying to make it into an sti lol. Good thing I grew out of that stage, fuck modding.

13. smk1026

smk1026 New Member

I mean yeah id love an sti its just finding a cream puff one I want one like bone stock or near stock with low miles and I'm already taking out a 5k loan now I've seen a few stis for under 15 but just like totally changed engine swap granny replaced just a beater. What is the insurance difference im 20 and have a couple of speeders and 1 accident lol so I'm not lookin to pay out my butt for insurance

14. nygiant

nygiant Member

whoa, at that age with tix and an accident...for an sti, you will get raped

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ WRX too... I think you need to get a civic until your insurance clears up....

16. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

those kind of records + sti or a wrx = more trouble if you ask me... mind you if it wasnt for my car i would probably be dead by now so i guess it`s your choice; death in some other car by speeding, or death in payments of insurance and tickets :)

i`m 24 and i pay $200 a month just on insurance. thank god i paid my car off

17. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

believe it or not, civic is one of the most expensive to insure if you`re young b/c all your friends have one and they go and wreck them lol. accord is actually much cheaper to insure

18. smk1026

smk1026 New Member

accord was the car I "wrxed" lmao plus i wasnt a fan of my accord

but for the car that I love ill pay it. its always been my dream ever since I first heard that boxer rumble <3 Im going to look at my options and what its gonna cost for an sti and a wrx...just so I can troll all the "chingalera tuners racing for pinks"

19. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

2.5L
    only wished the wagons were 2.5L
    joe

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:( this kid sounds like the type that will ruin us

Get an evo

21. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

If you want to make over 300 hp and good tq then go with a 2.5L.

If you want to make 220-300 hp and be rock solid reliable with no worries of a cracked ringland and lots of lower end tq isn't an issue.....2.0L all day long.

22. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

If I was buying a WRX it would have to be an 06wrx.. best year for the GD chassis.

23. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I've got one accident on my record which will clear next year. Having gone through 2 other insurance companies (Allstate and GMAC), I am now with Nationwide and was able to drop my insurance down to $136/month rather than the original $288/month I was paying with Allstate.
    And this is with a Mazda3 sedan. With a WRX or an STi, prepare for probably 400+ a month on your insurance, unless you go with the bare minimum on insurance, which is not very smart in my opinion.

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

We pay 1500/6 months for 3 decent cars, my WRX included. Travelers.

25. superdoughboy4

Is your record clean?

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

last ticket was in 2007. i just turned 25.

27. superdoughboy4

Your record should be cleared of all tickets, right? It's taking 3 years for my accident.

28. Welcome to the site.

Research before making that decision. 2.0 great for gas, and you can get decent numbers.

If you are looking to build, take it from my experience and just buy an STi. no use of getting a wrx then building, start solid finish perfect.