hello new to atlanta

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by szucchet, Apr 6, 2012.

1. szucchet

szucchet New Member

hello, im new to Atlanta.
    I just moved here from Sacramento Californian. I moved down here because I'm attending a Porsche training school. I drive a 04 silver sti I've had the car since 2006 and i mainly use it for auto-x and track events. I'm a member of scca and a few Subaru clubs from back west.
    I recently attended a auto x (points 2) for atlanta scca my car ran very good till it was time to drive home. it started knocking very slightly but got worst very quickly to the point that i had to have it towed to the shop i work at.
    Im pretty sure that is a rod knock, in the next couple of weeks i will pull my oil pan of and do some measurements to confirm my theory. if it is in fact that i will pull the motor out and strip down to a short block. do anybody have any suggestions if i should just buy a new short block or should i send out the block to a shop to rebuild with better internals.

thanks,
    silvio zucchet

2. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Welcome. And I'm jealous about what you are doing in atl

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Welcome Silvio. I'm from Auburn,CA myself and obviously spent a lot of time running around Sactown.

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Welcome, get to know Ball Engines and AllPro. They will make sure your car comes back better than ever

5. KDJ770

KDJ770 New Member

Welcome!

My wife and I lived in Rocklin for 17 years before we moved to Atlanta for work (things are tough all over). We miss NorCal quite a bit but we have found plenty of things to do here, hope you enjoy your time in Atlanta. Porsche training sounds fun.

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

7. szucchet

szucchet New Member

thanks guys feel right at home already. I pulling oil pan of the car tomorrow to check clearances, if they exceed spec i will probably pull motor tomorrow.
    I pretty sure they'll b out of spec cause it knocks very loud and i was pretty close to redline if not a little past it when it started knocking. If i need motor to be rebuild (i really dont have time to do it myself) where is a good place to send it to?

8. talos

talos Member

Welcome to Atl. Like Sparta said...Ball Racing Engines, Matt will take care of ya. Same goes for Brandon at Allpro. I had my motor go on my WRX and Brandon got me back on the road in a week with a hybrid swap

9. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

[​IMG]

Here is a map incase you get lost.

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

wellcum!

get that thing checked out and running right!

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I've got Silvio's short block on a stand right now. Should be finishing the heads up early next week.

You need to come out to the Tuesday night meets, they are always a good time.