Forged Performance: 720AWHP 2.6L Stroked STi Covered in Cosworth Goodies!

Discussion in 'Forged Performance' started by Chadbee@Forged, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Most of you have been following our epic build of Steve's Subaru STi equipped with an extremely potent list of high end performance orientated parts. As most of you are aware of, the STi is not the most popular platform to build a potential 10 second street monster out of. This was not going to stop Steve from turning his Subaru into the type of beast that would humiliate most Ferrari and Lamborghini owners in the rare occasion that they decided to pick on this four door sedan. Steve has been working with us for many years and his STi has gone through many different phases which has culminated into what the car is today. We are honored that he has chosen Forged Performance as his go to guys when it comes to taking his STi to this level, knowing that we always stand behind our workmanship. I personally drove this car on the 93 Octane low boost setting for some break in miles a few months ago making right under 500awhp on our Dyno Dynamics Dynometer and I can attest to the fact that this is far from your everyday STi you see on your morning commute. After we were certain the car was rock solid and the driveabilty was as close as you could get to stock(at least for a car of this magnitude) we returned it to its owner a couple months back filled with E-85, on high boost and making a face-warping 636awhp. Steve has since been enjoying the car and has put over 1,000 miles on the odometer, even driving the car to work on occasion. We knew this wasn't the end of the road of this STi though. While the car was here previously we had installed a ZEX Direct Port Nitrous System to give Steve's STi even another jolt in the power department! I could be wrong (it happens...occasionally hehe) but as far as we know of, this is the highest horsepower true full interior street car STI in the United States. You can see this STi out at local meets and shows around the Atlanta area, but for now make sure to check out the basic mod list and photos below:

• 2.6L Forged Performance Race-Spec Stroker Shortblock
    • Cosworth Cylinder Heads
    • Cosworth Intake Manifold
    • AMS 850R Turbo Kit
    • GSC S2 Camshafts
    • Perrin FMIC Kit
    • ID 2000cc Fuel Injectors
    • Forged Performance Custom Spec Fuel System
    • AEM EMS tune by Sharif@Forged with NOS Control
    • E85 and 93 Octane Maps

For high boost + E-85 + nitrous dyno video and dyno sheet please visit the: FORGED PERFORMANCE BLOG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Congrats on some SICK power Steve!

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Very impressive car and excellent photos

How's the driveability of the car with that much power? How bad are the lag spikes switching from 1-2 (is first gear even used? lol) and 2-3? The power band looks like it still leaves 500-1000 rpm if gear shifts are made at red line before the turbo picks up with full spool again.

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Pretty awesome build.

Looking forward to seeing some drag strip passes.

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

So is Steve ever going to take this to the drag strip?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Lets kill this Ill start another thread about it so as not to interfere with Forgeds thread.

7. Thank you very much. The car does have a Carbonetics Triple Plate Clutch so driving it in traffic isn't the most pleasant experience but it can be done. Over all the car is a real pleasure to drive but it does have some turbo lag, which is to be expected at this power level in a four cylinder. It has been awhile since I have driven the car so I can't comment on how the boost level is effected during the shift points but even on the low pump gas setting the car really was just amazing to drive. I'll be honest, I have always been much more of an Evo guy but the time I spend with this car had me checking autotrader for an STi haha
    Hey Matt! Thanks buddy, we really do appreciate it. I wasn't here when the build started but I can only assume that IF the car was going to be spray'd and drag raced often the plan would have been a higher rev stock displacement build since the nitrous would spool the turbo anyways. That is NOT the case with Steve though, this is just his street car so the added displacement will help with the spool characteristics and I'm sure would make it much more enjoyable on the street without the nitrous.....on just E-85 it makes over 630 awhp.....such an awesome car! I can't lie, I'm a little jealous haha

8. I hope so! If he doesn't I will volunteer to take it for him :naughty:

9. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

When the Forged guys want to take it to the strip, they'll pick the driver in house. I have limited racing experience and look forward to thrashing the beast at www.atlantamotorsportspark.net and playing on the onramps.

Ryan or Sharif can take it down the 1/4 mi. It's their shop and they need to pick who will get them the best ET. I'm good for 12's, but the car is a bit faster than the driver for now.

10. If any events come up we will talk about taking it to the strip but for now enjoy the car buddy, I know it has been a long time coming. I'm sure you will just love it! Will you have it out at Caffeine and Octane in a few weeks? I have a couple people that really want to see it in person.

11. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Hope to. But I have another toy that just needs a few tweaks to be ready.

[​IMG]

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

which drivetrain in the Gladiator?

13. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

401 with Edelbrock 600, TH400, Quadratrac, 44's F/R

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

Nice Steve congrats on everything coming together.

15. THAT is sick! :clap:

16. deweywrx

deweywrx New Member

Oh buddy! Competition :)

Dewey @ Six Star in Chicago

17. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

STI is home.

So much better than before. Sharif smoothed the idle, remapped the whole E85 tune. It pulls much better in midrange and much more responsive at 3k up. I've not been clearance to hit the NOS until I get the briefing in a week or two. It's much more drivable than I remember. Purrs with the new Greddy exhaust and not too loud. Idle is as smooth as factory which was not the case on prior 3 turbos, 2 motors, and 5 tunes. I think we are on to something here. :wiggle:

Time to decide on stripes or ghosting. Maybe a simple pinstripe, maybe a WRC or something. For the next few weeks I'll be off the NOS, trying to get by with a measly 636whp. :moon:

18. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Flames. It needs a flame paint job. That'll be hot

19. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

:eek3:

wow eeeeek

20. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

What does this mean? Does Sharif want to talk you through when you can and cannot hit the nitrous and what to watch/look out for?

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

nah, i'm assuming Forged uses the latest technology

[​IMG]

22. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Just a briefing on how to arm, use, replace the gas, purge, store, etc.

He needs to review the electronics warehouse in the trunk, under the hood, in the glove box. Car reminds me a little of the Starion in the Cannonball Run II movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8qAkUA8ZF0