Subaru for sale?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HoneyBear13, Apr 16, 2012.

1. HoneyBear13

HoneyBear13 New Member

hey guys. my name is Luke. i'm new to the site. i've never owned or even driven a Subaru before, but i've heard only incredible things about Subaru. i'd like to buy one. if anyone is selling one or knows a good place to find one, i would very much appreciate it.

i'm looking for a sedan or hatchback Legacy, Impreza, or Impreza WRX. less than 100K miles. i'd LIKE leather interior, and maybe some of the other luxuries, but they are not necessary. this is a car that i would like to be fun to drive, pleasant to ride in (because i drive a pretty good bit), have a long life, be fairly inexpensive maintenance costs, and get pretty good gas mileage- all of which Subaru is famous for having.

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Buy a civic. These are not the droids you are looking for.

3. Karma

Karma Member

Welcome to the forums! And to help you with your search, I would like to ask you some questions. How far are you willing to travel to purchase a car? What generation of Subaru are you most interested in? Did you have a price range? Would you prefer the car to be stock or modded? Just to help specify what your looking for.

4. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

I recommend bugatti Veyron.

5. Texsun

Texsun Member

$16,000 and its your

[​IMG]

6. HoneyBear13

HoneyBear13 New Member

Civic? haha what's wrong with Subaru?

7. HoneyBear13

HoneyBear13 New Member

Texsun, what are the specs for the car? that car looks great. also love the Zombie Apocalypse Leader tag you've got, too.

Karma: thank you for your questions. i would like not to travel too terribly far to find a car, but i would go a good ways for the right car. i would like to have a car 2005-present Impreza, WRX, and Legacy with under 100K miles. preferably a car with leather and sunroof. i would like to try to spend less than 16k$, for i am paying in cash.

8. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Legacy might be your best bet looking for those features(sunroof and leather). MPG in a STi(04-07) is not great and maintenance can be expensive.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

for 18K I'll sell you this:
    [​IMG]

10. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

lol, he siad pretty good gas mileage.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

gets great gas mileage when I put a 2x4 under the gas pedal

12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

12k and you can have my 2005 wrx with 81k miles.

13. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

9500 and you can have my 02 hybrid swap

14. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

it's almost like thats what he was looking for, found mine on autotrader, called me, found out I sold it, then perhaps I referred him here?
    Whats up Luke! Glad you made it! lol

15. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

EVO VIII or IX. MR has the bilsteins and rides more comfortable than the GSR. The ride factor overcame the ok looking interior. Most will hate the way it looks, period...but I can't deny that it handles great out of the box. If you get the GSR, you can buy the a set of used low mileage bilstein shocks and MR springs for under $500.

I own an 05' STi and 10' forester. Loved both of them. However, when I get in the EVO. Feels a bit lighter and brakes are much better than the STi.

Transmissions are weak on them and also the Transfer case gets the death whine. Change the fluids more than often on both. Constant hard launches and wheel hop will kill the T-Case.

Dash cluster is dim at night. HID headlights are pointed way down from the factory. Rear diff clunks harder than the STi on hard shifts. Seats feel very comfortable but hard to get out of the car...LoL! Steering wheel looks cheesy...um a lot of parts on it look cheesy, I mean a lot of parts on it look like a cracker jack car, but it drives tremendously awesome!!!

Buwahahahahaha!!! Oh well, haters gonna hate. Say somethin, say somethin! I'll be in a cave studying so everyone won't see me on here for a while! I might just be logged in on one of my 20 computers...

Ah, I might get another STi...maybe.

16. i have a 2004 sti for sale. $18.5k done by Allpro.

[​IMG]

17. HoneyBear13

HoneyBear13 New Member

wow, thank you all. i am pleased to see the response on here. i'm still very much looking for a car, and Subaru is my prime target in this search. if you have a Subaru for sale, please include some of the basic specifications of the car so that i can more adequately consider each. it seems to me that all of you take great care for your cars. it is even more convincing to go Subaru. thank you all, again, for posting and helping me out. i am taking in all of the information shared.

18. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Not in the market to sell my sti, but I got an '05 with 59k. Basic bolt ons, suspension, tune by ss at forged. For the right price, ill consider??

19. SpecB.08

SpecB.08 New Member

Sounds like you're looking for an 07 to 09 Legacy GT Spec.B. The 06 Spec.B did not include SI Drive, GPS touch screen, Sat radio, and.....6 speed STI gearbox!

One of the differences between 07 to 08/09 is that the alcantara blue inserts in the seats were replaced with black in 08/09. There were many other updates to the 08/09 model year to include TPMS, telescoping steering wheel, new headlights/tailights/fog light design, and VDC.

If you're lucky you may be able to find a low mileage 09 that if it were a late seller could still be under warranty.

There is a white SpecB in Utah with only 14k miles for sale on Autotrader if you want to take a look.

20. HoneyBear13

HoneyBear13 New Member

thanks, SpecB.08. i think you might be right about what i'm looking for.

if anyone is in the market for selling their Subaru, please message me or email me at AudienceOfOne013@yahoo.com. please include details of the vehicle (mileage, basic information, VIN number, upgrades, etc.). thank you very much.

21. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

22. atlfire

atlfire New Member

Dude don't buy a Subaru. It's a gateway drug. We are all sick people for having them.

A day in the life of an sti owner.

Wake up. Get coffee go outside and crank car. Place coffee inside a fresh napkin to line cup holder. Get out of car and walk around it a few times. Wait until the rpms drop or the temp gauge reads just above C and drive to work.

Arrive at work parked as far away from anyone as possible. Walk around the car again. Lock car and begin approach to building looking back at car no less than three times.

Lunch. go to car and stare.

End of day begin warming procedures. Having inspected vehicle thoroughly for changes.

Get home kiss wife and baby and return to car to open hood and touch random parts for no reason. Get a beer and continue touching random unimportant parts.

Bed time. You hear something outside and rush to window to inspect the car. Thunderstorm comes monitor weather closely for possible hail to have time to cover car with padding. And so on...

The average sti owner spends 5 hours washing said car.
    Next to the military a sti is the leading cause of divorce in the US.
    80% of sti owners pay off debt with part outs.
    of those 80% 100% of them use that money to buy more mods that go "in a different direction".
    The economic state of the US was caused by sti owners taking out second mortgages to fund builds.
    During parties if you meet another sti owner people will think you're gay. If its a girl your soulmates.

These are just a few reasons to cure yourself of this madness.

23. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I have yet to do any of those things with mine.... I feel like I'm doing this Subaru thing the wrong way now.

24. atlfire

atlfire New Member

Maybe you should sell your mods for next to nothing to me and trade it in for an evo.

25. Texsun

Texsun Member

110% Me! I am active army and have an sti I am doooooooooomed!

26. atlfire

atlfire New Member

Hopefully the only divorce you see is off of your wastegate. And thank you for your service.