Mountain Run - Sunday, April 22

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Megadeth2118, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Anyone interested in doing a mountain run this coming Sunday? (Weather permitting)

I traded in my 2004 WRX and picked up a SWP 2011 WRX and it needs to stretch its legs.

Some iPhone pics of the car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Texsun

Texsun Member

Car looks great man! I will be down but will be driving very slow/cautious cause I am still super sore from the damn surgery!

3. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Thanks! I'm not planning on pushing the limits or anything. Just more of a joy ride mostly.

4. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Nice! FWIW it handles really well in wet conditions as well and that typically means a lot less traffic.

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

congratulations on the new purchase, Kakies was telling me how all of the techs and everybody up at SoK had nothing but praise for the car you traded in, said it was one of the cleanest used Subarus they've ever seen.

Can't make the run this weekend, but the new ride looks awesome - have fun and be safe

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I may be down for a drive.

7. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Good point. Would be a good way to check out the handling when wet.

It was a great car. I hope whoever bought it takes good care of it too.

8. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Cool man. Should be fun!

9. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I might be in

10. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I wish I were not working. I would love to take a cruise through the Mtns.

11. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

this sounds better than IA. pm if this materializes!

12. Ewokatoo

Ewokatoo New Member

Drew and Daniel,why has no one told me if this... If Torrey and I are not at Big Kahuna on Sun. We my brake out the gixxers for a lil mtn fun time(weather permitting) and if it rains I suppose the evo and the spec-v are more then acceptable forms of mtn transportation lol

13. Drowland87

I've been meaning to text you... Keep forgetting about it. You want to bring the cars, you don't want rocks being kicked back at you guys lol

14. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Any suggestions on where to meet up? I'm assuming we would just meet up and ride over to Helen unless someone has a better idea.

15. Ewokatoo

Ewokatoo New Member

I would rather you brake my 60$ screen or my 80$ wide screen made of plastic then my actual window lol. Plus we just ride begone people not using pilot super sports and problem solved

16. Drowland87

Lol Jesse me and a few other people at the meet on Tuesday that all have PSS were talking about that... No one wants to ride behind us... Fuck ugly mud flaps lol

17. Drowland87

The movie theater in dawsonville is a good place. It's right on the highway and has a big parking lot

18. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

What time? And is there an address? I'll be coming from 40 miles south of atl on 85...

19. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

WH at the end of 400 is a nice place to eat breakfast

20. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

189 N 400 Center Ln, Dawsonville, GA 30534

Go North on 400. Movie Theater is just past the outlet mall behind Autozone and KFC. Take a left on hwy53 and then an immediate right. Just past the Kangaroo station there is an access road that will bring you behind Autozone, KFC, ect and up to the Theater parking lot.If you make it to HWY 136 on 400 you've missed it.

21. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

mother of god I don't feel like driving that far... lol
    What time?

22. Quite the opposite of mine (the 2004 SRR WRX) that we traded in the next day for my Legacy. She was well loved.... :)

23. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Ok so are we looking at meeting up in Dawsonville at the theater? What time works for everyone? 9am?

24. Ewokatoo

Ewokatoo New Member

Any time works for me it's 3 mins from my house lol. We decide on where we are headed yet?

25. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

9 sounds ok... Can we make it 10 though?
    And is there a preplanned route or not really?

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

9:00am is the latest you want to start the loop, earlier the better unless you want to be stuck behind geezerglides and bluehairs

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I don't see any rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Count me in. I'm bringing the bike for my first mountain run.

28. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Ok so we'll meet up at the Dawsonville theater at 9am. I don't have a set route in mind as I'm not too terribly familiar with the roads so if someone has a route in mind let me know.

Theater address:

189 North 400 Center Lane, Dawsonville, GA

29. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

ok. I'll be there @9ish..... lol

30. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I'm up for it but it has to be super early. like start the run at 6. Got to make it back in town by 9.

31. Texsun

Texsun Member

I wont be able to go for the drive but I will meet yall at the movie theatre. I am still very sore from the surgery.

32. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

You guys probably want to do the 'loop' sr60 to sr 180 (Wolf Pen Gap Rd -my favorite) out to 129, and or over to 348 (calmer sweeper stuff).

Or at least thats what I usually do, anyways hope you all have fun and be safe!

33. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

didn't wake up in time:-\ maybe next time

34. Ewokatoo

Ewokatoo New Member

Headed to the theater better Bo some fools there! Lol

35. FACE

FACE Active Member

You guys have fun and drive/ride safe

36. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Was a fun run. We had my WRX an STi and 3 bikes...well 4 counting the guy we picked up at the gas station at Wolf Pen Gap. Besides me scuffing my front lip pulling out of the parking lot in Helen and Daniel scraping his lip on one of the turns we all came out alright. Got a few good pics as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

37. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

my mom has the same exact car color, year, everything, and she lives in alpharetta also.