97 outback 240k and still kicking - intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jamacee, May 3, 2012.

1. Jamacee

Jamacee New Member

Hello everyone,

Doing my due diligence and checking in. I joined about a month ago but just got activated to post today.

I am a second time Subi owner now. I formally had a 94 legacy turbo sport sedan. This subi met it's untimely demise on 400N at 50mph exchanged with the median wall. I have to give props first to Jesus for saving my butt in that one and then a 2nd worthy mention to my subi for keeping me safe.

If I knew then what I know now I would have pulled the motor and put it in storage. Of course I did not and I didn't.

Now I have sold a 89 suburban that was reliable as the day was long. However she drank about $120+ in gas a week. So I took my money and found the best car I could for under $2700.

I had to drive up to the granola capitol of the S.E. (Asheville, N.C.) and found a nice 97 outback w/ 239k on it with a stack of maintenance records for a the necessary repairs for $2100. I brought it back to ATL and took it over to Allpro.

Those guys are the reason I wound up with a Subi over a volvo. Since there wasn't anything else in my price range for what I needed. Brandon, Ryan, and Wes were all super awesome. Tho I only spent a total of $80 with them they treated me like I was doing a full sti swap.

So my mods on this little war wagon will be few but now I have the bug.

I do see a STI wagon or Forester STI in my future. Having been a Yota 4x4 guy for many years I have now remembered why I enjoyed driving Subi's.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome!

3. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome..AllPro is awesome!

4. talos

talos Member

Welcome! post some pics if you got 'em

5. Jamacee

Jamacee New Member

I will once I figure out how. I do not have a photobucket or similar. Not sure if I can upload from my computer.

too tired now to try.