Commerce Meet!!!! Last chance!!!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by SonicBoom, Nov 9, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Allright guys,
    As far as I know, Commerce closes on the 18th... So, me and a couple buddies(with an 05' STi and Mustang GT) are going on Friday the 11th.... Haven't seen everyone for a while so it'd be cool if we could get a good WRXATL showing. I'll be leaving for work on Mcfarland at 5:30 if anyone wants to caravan with us...

C'mon guys....lets do this... come and watch if you don't want to race!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im gonna try

3. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

hell why not, btw the way i got the other stuff for you sonic

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Cool Chris, we can meet at the track... or if you want to meet and caravan...

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'm in.

6. redefinedWRX

redefinedWRX Member

i am going, but ive been the last 2 weeks in a row, takeing this week off and going on the last night, the 18'th

7. bambooi

bambooi Member

12s and 13s guys...11s if genya goes...
    liquid hit them 11s too. put in 116 and let her rip

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Maybe if I strip out my interior and get a 20g between now and then 11.999 could happen. The turbo I am currently running is clearly maxed out.

I am going to try a couple of things before the 18th. Realistically maybe I'll get a 12.3x. A half second is a lot of time to shave off.

9. Shewb

Shewb Member

I have a question: this is my first track run with the STi. Does anyone lock the diff's when they run?

Shewb

10. rolling_trip

I have in the past, but i normally forget, and havent seen that big of a difference. if you do just remember to unlock it before you turn off the track.

11. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'll be out there as well.
    Go see how much damage I can do in a 1/4 mile.

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Allright guys, is there a place in the parking lot everyone wants to meet? or should I just look for Subarus????

So far from my work, I have me, an 05' Sti, 03' Mustang GT, 04' GTO(400hp!) and a huge Ford 250 with 500+ hp....

13. rolling_trip

anyone know of any cheap hotels around the drag way? i not going to try to drive back friday night. btw, i will have the data logging software with me if anyone wants to play with it

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Also...anyone know where the race gas is around the track? I want to throw a couple gallons in b4 the show!

15. pEd

Chris, I may take you up on the data logging if possible.

As far as I know, they have Sunoco out there.
    There's a Shell in Alpharetta on Crabapple that sells 100 octane for $5.99/gallon.

16. rolling_trip

bump, anyone else?

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Lots of hotels right near the track. It's not a big tourist area so I would imagine they are fairly cheap.

18. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

think i'll scurry out there too

19. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

where is the track located??

20. Mad Mallard

rawr, i suck with directions... anyone?

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Not sure exactly, I'm following people. It's way up 85N...Don't remember the exit #. hopefully someone will post directions b4 tonight.... See you guys there!!!!

22. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

commerce dragway = atlanta dragway???

23. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

[​IMG]

If this is right, it's surely FARRR away~

24. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

hopefully i can make it next week

25. j69raw

j69raw Member

I will be there on the 18th also!

26. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

They sell it at the track. I think its 10.00 a gallon for c16.

27. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just got back around 1:45... Good times... not as big a WRXATL turnout as I'd hoped, we had me, Shewb, Rolling_trip, Kanchou and Ped.
    I ran better than last time(still shitty for my mods but...) with my best run being 14.25 @ 96mph... I really wanted to get into the 13's, don't think its meant to be at this track. I nailed the launch, fast shifts... Could use some improvement with my 60 foots though(all 3 runs at 2.0).... oh well, looks like bigger turbo time!
    There was some really sweet cars there...A new vette running 10's, and a huge amount of older firebirds/camaros with a zillion hp... And the biggest loser award of the night goes to the guy in the Ferrari 360 Modeno running 15's(um...drive much???)
    Then on to Applebees for Steak and Shrimp.... Good times!!!

28. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I'm gonna go, I've never been before. What time do they open?

29. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I think its 5:30...with the shitty ass traffic everywhere, I can never get there b4 7pm.... I think next time I'll leave way early to miss the traffic and get there at 3 or 4... then I can get more than 3 runs in...

30. pEd

^^ how'd the runs with the Turbo Cabriolet go??
    It looked like you two played tag for a while, until you got too far ahead to see.

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

how did everyone else do?

32. rolling_trip

13.2@102, but i think a little more track time and a magic bottle, i should be in the 12's

33. pEd

^^ Same here. 13.2 @ 101.94. Sure was hoping for 12's.

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

pretty nice guys

35. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Ped, playing with the Carrera was pretty fun...We ended up racing all the way down 85. Jason finally caught up with us and then we took turns handing him is ass... In hindsight, that was really stupid of us, but I guess I just didn't get all the racing out of me since I only got 3 runs.... It was fun though!

36. Mad Mallard

we wondered where you guys ended up...

37. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

not bad guys.....you pulled better than me i was hoping for 13s and i suck at launching so bad when i went i hit no better than a 15.00.....13.2 is respectable.

38. bambooi

bambooi Member

Good runs.

39. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Wish I coulda went, but had wierd issues, which cleared up later, then ended up at dallas cuz i was too lazy to head out to 85. Sounds like all had fun tho!

40. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

so is this the list of people goin this friday?

1 SonicBoom
    2 miloman
    3 rolling_trip
    4 LiquidForce
    5 redefinedWRX
    6 Shewb
    7 pEd
    8 Kanchou
    9 JJang12
    10 mattprzy
    11 bambooi
    12 bigb996
    13 Genya
    14 jt money
    15 Alex (maybe)
    16 Weapon wrX (maybe)
    17 spaceman

come on fellas i know we havent had a meet in a while. lets all try to go and reprezent WRXatl. i can think about 10 more people i would like to see on this list! ;) ill save the call outs til later in the week.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll come out... but wont be racing

42. jt money

im not racing either but would be nice to have some people to sit with that arent racing. lol so we gonna meet at discover mills in the parking lot near discount tire @ 7pm... we will leave by 7.30pm... like last time i went or are we gonna just meet there?

43. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

beter to meet at the bass pro shops... less likely to get kicked out

44. jt money

will you or a mod update the first post with that info and the list i started if its correct? thank you

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

lets just start a new thread... do u wanna start it? i'll stick it when i get back home... bout to leave work

46. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yes yes