Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. scoobaru_95

scoobaru_95 New Member

Not New but re-introducing myself because it been a while

Where do you live? - Cumming, GA

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? - Kyle

What do you drive? - 2002 Legacy L wagon

How modded is your ride? - not yet

Where do you usually by parts? - looking

Do you visit any other local boards? - Not meets yet, looking. Just NASIOC and SLi (Subaru Legacy International)

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? show and go eventually

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? - yes but no one waves back. had a guy wave to me when i had my 95 legacy; he was in a legacy gt

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? - online GOOGLE

Thanks

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Welcome Kyle! Hope to see you at some local meets.. i myself need to attend more soon!

3. god910

god910 New Member

Where do you live? - The girlfriend would say the office (Alpharetta) our apartment is in Roswell.
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jay (Most call me Big Jay.)
    What do you drive? - 02 Black RS
    How modded is your ride? - Not much Tein SS-P coilovers, ST legal rims/tires, Blitz NuR Spec axleback and an intake (sort of... it's pretty bad)
    Where do you usually by parts? - I just moved here... so nowhere yet!
    Do you visit any other local boards? Negative
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? It's hard to make an RS go.
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yup. Even if they're old people.
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Teh Goooooogles(zorz)!

I've recently moved here from Indiana for work. I have a Sonic Yellow WRX up there still, but it's somewhat of a half dead Frankenstein. I bought it back in 05 and it's been through rounds and rounds. It's got a JDM Ver. 4 STi 6 speed swap with Brembos, and just about every suspension mod I could drudge up. The latest was me prepping it for a Darton Sleeved EJ257 built heads, Wiseco forged pistons with Manley turbo tuff I beam rods, a rotated GT35R kit, blahblahblah. Then I got laid off and all that came to a halt.

Then I bought a bike and started selling parts off the WRX. :wtc: Between the bike and the RS all my needs were filled.

Now here I am. I miss all my Suby buddies up in Indiana and figured I'd meet some more down here. I used to run Indy Region (GLVR) SCCA (Auto-X) and Ohio Valley Region SCCA (Rally-X) but it's been a few years and am dieing to get back into it. I have a girlfriend and a 9 year old son, but he's going back to Indiana to live with his mom after the summer's over.

Up in Indiana I am/was a volunteer firefighter and an EMT, and hope to get into that as well down here.

Thanks for having me!

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome dude

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome, Jay!

6. Texsun

Texsun Member

Welcome! Solid 1st post!

7. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Welcome to the boards Jay!

8. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Hows that Invidia N1 treating you? :naughty:

9. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

Its treating me pretty good man. Loud and Proud :D. How's life treating you man?

10. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Better than ever :)

11. boogerburns

boogerburns Member

Powder Springs
    Phillip
    1997 Legacy Outback
    Heavy
    Everywhere
    Huh?
    Go, :)
    I try
    Cant remember

12. Cruz5350

Cruz5350 Member

Where do you live? - Brookhaven
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Tony
    What do you drive? - 03 AW WRX Wagon
    How modded is your ride? - Stock for now!
    Where do you usually buy parts? -Stealership as it needs some catchup mx.
    Do you visit any other local boards? Nasioc IWSTI
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock for now if the funds come maybe it'll slowly see some mods.
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Not usually
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Google of course!

Would love to meet some folks who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes when it comes to more serious work on it. IE. clutch, coilovers, turbo's etc. etc. It's hard going from a garage to none and it being home only half the month at best doesn't help either. Anyways hope to see you at a meet soon!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  13. Eco Auto Clean

Welcome Tony! Attend the bi-weekly meet and you can learn tons!

14. Cruz5350

Cruz5350 Member

I'm going to try and start my job keeps me gone for a good amount of the month but hopefully I can start making it out to them.

15. Matt

You might want to consider waving at others as well. being friendly goes a long way. :p

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  16. lofthouse_gt

lofthouse_gt New Member

Hey, what's going on guys, I 've been in ATL for a little while now. I figured it was time I said hello.

Where do you live? Brookhaven
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Dustin
    What do you drive? 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon Regal Blue Pearl
    How modded is your ride? Stage 2, LWFW beefier clutch, built suspension, wheels
    Where do you usually by parts? fredbeansparts.com
    Do you visit any other local boards? not really local but legacygt.com
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? A mix of both
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yes in deed!
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Lurkin around the interwebs

I attached a pic of my baby hopefully that is okay.

Attached Files:

17. Cruz5350

Cruz5350 Member

Where in Brookhaven are you I live there too.

18. lofthouse_gt

lofthouse_gt New Member

^^^^ I am just a little north of broohaven station. Behind the Alex package store on osbourne. What about you?

19. Cruz5350

Cruz5350 Member

Ya I know exactly where that's at. I live in Post Brookhaven myself.

20. BOXERNOISE

BOXERNOISE New Member

Hey guys whats going on? Not new to the car scene but I am new to the WRX. I am currently looking for an 04-07 STI or just a WRX, I have always wanted one and I am tired of my 240sx so I think now is the time!!

Where do you live? Gwinnett
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Sam
    What do you drive? 1995 240sx, 1989 Supra, 1996 Camry and 05 Sequoia
    How modded is your ride? Too many to list here
    Where do you usually by parts? Places with the best value
    Do you visit any other local boards? 240atlanta
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Mostly go but I like to look good!!
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Not yet
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Heard about it on another forum.

21. Matt

welcome Sam! there's a couple nice cars currently for sale on the forums.

22. Oldus Maximus

Oldus Maximus New Member

Hi All!

New member here from Suwanee looking forward to learning all that I can from you Subaru Guru's. I have a 2012 Ice Silver WRX Sedan on order that I hope to have next week. It was supposed to be delivered Aug 10th then the 20th thennn the 28th! Grrr! SOA and Stivers Subaru have agreed to give me a 84/100,000 mile Gold Extended warranty for my patience with 0 deductible so that helps take some of the sting out of the wait. I ordered it with short shifter, front lip spoiler, STI shift knob, all weather mats and extended armrest. As far as mods I have no idea??? Maybe some of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks, Bill

23. Matt

Welcome to the community, Bill!

:wavey:

24. Christopher

Christopher New Member

i stay in Woodstock GA.
    you may refer to me as smiley, or Chris, smiley preferably.
    i own a 03 impreze ts, no its not a wrx or an sti, nor a combo of both, but i love it, and it will not be staying stock for to long.
    i havent gotten aftermarket parts yet, so i guess ill be lookin around here.
    i havent been to any other boards, and this is actually the first forum i have joined.
    i have always enjoyed sleepers, so lots of go, with a little show.
    of course i wave, i hope they dont think im crazy.
    on one of my many adventures driving around atl repairing random computers, i ran into FACE, it was quite awhile ago, but i usually got crap for memory.

i figured i mite ad this as well, i am a computer tech, so if you need any help, ask me here on this site, not this thread, and i will see what i can do.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  25. Tank

Tank Member

Well I’m sure you already realize this but I’m new to the forum and I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself.

• Where do you live? I live in Lawrenceville
    • What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? My name is Greg
    • What do you drive? After I pick up my car tonight I will be driving a 2008 WRX. I’m currently driving/fixing a 1995 240sx ka24deT.
    • How modded is your ride? Well the car is nearly stock but the windows are tinted and the stock wheels are black.
    • Where do you usually by parts? Enjuku Racing but I’m looking to get a few things from Cobb Tuning.
    • Do you visit any other local boards? 240atlanta
    • Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? This will be my daily driver and will likely only see the following modifications: Swap out the existing wheels, brake upgrade, possibly coilovers, Up & Down pipe, CAI, exhaust and Cobb Access Port but not necessarily in that order.
    • Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yes why not.
    • Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Google search.

So I’m not new to modding cars but this one will see very few very tasteful modifications.

26. Tank

Tank Member

Sam you are going to hate me I'm picking mine up tonight. I give you a call and stop by if I can so that you can see it. Later.

27. Oldus Maximus

Oldus Maximus New Member

From one newb to another welcome Greg! I just picked up my 2012 WRX sedan 2 hours ago! 40 miles and I'm already loving it! Bill

28. Oldus Maximus

Oldus Maximus New Member

Newb to Newb.. Welcome Chris!

29. Tank

Tank Member

Thanks, welcome to you too. I think these cars are easy to love.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  30. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

tank forget the uppipe...its already catless and forget the CAI its useless at what will be your power level

31. Tank

Tank Member

As you know I'm new to WRXs so I just thought that like most cars open it up so it can breath a little better and then add the Cobb Access Port to fine tune what is there. At that Point I'm done. I can't have this car go like my 240 did.

32. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Newbie to WRXatlanta !

Where do you live? I live in Lilburn not to far from norcross
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? I would like Javier !
    What do you drive? I drive a 05 STI <3
    How modded is your ride? It's semi built pistons, turbo, bearings, fmic, injectors, fuel pump, Cobb Accesport, down pipe, west gate, exhaust, stock rims painted black, and springs !
    Where do you usually by parts? My buddy from killer performance
    Do you visit any other local boards? Nope I haven't !
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? It's a go but I'm going for show
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yeah I do ! Even though they sometimes don't wave back haha
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Been looking at forums and this one caught my eye an I want to be apart of the WRX community in Atlanta

33. JV9124

JV9124 New Member

I moved to ATL in August from Boston and am going to Georgia Tech for grad school. I was really involved in the Subie and car scene up there and want to get to meet y'all down here since I'll be living here a while.

Where do you live? Midtown ATL
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Joe, Joey
    What do you drive? 2005 STi
    How modded is your ride? Extremely, exept still on stock turbo. I don't want to take up too much space here so refer to my new jouranl here: http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=440847#post440847
    Where do you usually buy parts? Internet
    Do you visit any other local boards? No
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Show quality but I take it to the track.
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yep
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Local shops referred me

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  34. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

welcome, i think you'll like it here.

35. oclvframe

oclvframe New Member

Howdy....although I don't actually own a WRX, my new to me 05 Outback XT is a WRX in soul! That being said, I've been a Subaru owner since I got my 01 LL Bean Outback new in 2001.

I live in Cumming, but work at Ga Tech so I spend half of my time downtown.
    I go by oclvframe in all the forums but my name is Robert.
    As for my cars, I have a whole parking lot full: 01 Outback LLBean, 03 Rubicon TJ, 05 Outback XT, 07 Odyssey Touring, 08 328i Convertible.
    My mods consist of suspension and audio mods in all of my cars.
    I spread my forum time on LegacyGT.org, odyclub.com, subaruoutback.org, jeepforums.com, bimmerforums.com.
    I get my parts mostly locally but some online.
    All my vehicles are driven daily...so no show cars here...
    I don't necessarily waive at WRX's but when in my Jeep I do engage in 'jeep-waving' at other Jeeps (I didn't realize there's a WRX-waive!).
    I found out about this forum on legacygt.com.

Here are my two Outbacks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

36. Matt

Welcome, Robert! Great looking Outbacks you've got there!

37. MycalWRX

MycalWRX New Member

Intro 2012 WRX

Hello Everybody I've been a proud owner of my 2012 WRB WRX for about two months. I'm coming from a 99 maxima that I've had for ten years. I'm a senior at Southern Poly and was born and raised in Atlanta. I look forward to meeting you guys and seeing your cars at the by-weekly meets.

Where do you live? Lithia Springs
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Mike
    What do you drive? 2012 WRB WRX
    How modded is your ride? Cobb Intake/Box, Accessport, SPT Catback, Eibach Springs, Ebay Lip, Plasti Dip?
    Where do you usually by parts? Online
    Do you visit any other local boards? The usual Subaru boards
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? I try to go
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I try lol
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Other forums

My Car
    [​IMG]
    vlcsnap-2012-09-02-12h44m55s193 by MycalWRX, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    vlcsnap-2012-08-29-22h38m17s76 by MycalWRX, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    photo-3 by MycalWRX, on Flickr

Me and My Brothers S5
    [​IMG]
    photo-2 by MycalWRX, on Flickr

Me, Brother, Neighbors Quattroporte
    [​IMG]
    photo(1) by MycalWRX, on Flickr

38. tomaash

tomaash New Member

Hello, everyone!

Hey, everyone.
    My name is Tomas, and I am new to the Subaru community and the tuner scene. I am a proud owner of an 05 WRB STi, which I picked up 2 months ago from CT from an older gentleman with 40k on it!!! I could not pass on this baby, so I finally got my dream-mobile. Anyway, after my initial 17 hour/1100 mile test drive down to Atlanta I knew right away I wanted to improve the handling/brakes. Less than a week later, I had my first shipment of parts at my door, and it has not stopped since.

I live in Vinings/Smyrna area
    I like to be called my username :) My name is Tomas with a few accents (I am Czech), so the way to make the sounds is exactly the same as my screen name indicates Tom-aa(long a)-sh(same as the end of the word fresh)
    My ride has brakes/handling/suspension everything! I have focused all my attention to those areas first. Next is the go and the show.
    I have purchased parts from Oakos/ RallySportDirect/ ImportImageRacing/ TurnInConcepts
    I am new to the community and boards. I have been on Nasioc and IWSTi, but I use them to read and learn about my car.
    I like a balance of all. Not too race oriented, but modded enough to feel improvements on track. And a show is appreciated, since it's my DD as well.
    I try to wave!
    Online research.

I am not sure if this is a good place to ask, but I am looking for a good/trustworthy person to help me work on my car. Preferably someone who is a mechanic during the day, and has time/passion for working on another STi. I would like to learn to do everything myself, but my time and space are limited right now. That is why I am asking for help. I know that there are shops specializing at these things, but nothing beats doing it yourself (or with the help of someone else). Plus, it is always nice to save some cash for more parts :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  39. Matt

As stated in the chatbox, welcome! :wavey:

A lot of us love to work on our cars. We used to host a variety of install days. Some of which turned into install weekends. :rofl: A case of beer and/or pizza go a long way around here. That and actually helping out rather than sitting back and letting someone else do the work for you for free. :)

40. Eco Auto Clean

Welcome folks! Glad to have some new additions! Looking forward to your updates

41. aznvtek

aznvtek New Member

Where do you live?
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? quang
    What do you drive? 07 sti
    How modded is your ride? stage 2
    Where do you usually by parts? i have not
    Do you visit any other local boards?Import atlanta
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? staying like this
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? yes my friend's
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? forum member Andy

42. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

hahaha Quang is able to post now lmao

43. aznvtek

aznvtek New Member

hahah hahil yea

44. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Hey guys...my old moniker was "Kenny" ..had the 09 Red WRX sold for the 04 E46 M3 awhile back...My new ride is a 12 Mustang GT w/ Brembo pkg. and 3.73's..Ford Racing Pro Cal tune and Shelby Exhaust. Its a daily driver, so not much planned other than that.

I will be looking for a daily driver soon in the way of perhaps a 05-07 STI in decent shape..maybe some nice mods already done on it. Anyway, just wanted to say hello again.:wavey:

ken

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  45. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

Where do you live? Marietta Area

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    I go by Ryan

What do you drive? 2004 impreza outback sport 5spd

How modded is your ride?
    i have exhaust so far, looking at getting springs and stuff soon

Where do you usually by parts?
    local guys with good prices

Do you visit any other local boards?
    I am on Nasioc and the legacy GT thread

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    I'm more of a go person.. i have no turbo (yet) but i like functional.

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    not really i see them all day long so unless they signal first or wave first i don't bother

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    i have known about it from work but i just recently bought a subaru and was looking for some meets and more local parts haha.

46. Fab.It

Fab.It New Member

Hello

1. Where do you live?
    Sandy Springs

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Wes

3. What do you drive?
    2002 Bugeye Wagon

4. How modded is your ride?
    Stage 11

5. Where do you usually by parts?
    Allpro Subaru

6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    Nasioc

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    Go

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    Yes

9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    Work

47. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the forums man!

48. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

welcome Wes! Thought you were on the forum already

49. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

So what's stage 11 entail?

50. Fab.It

Fab.It New Member