1st Subaru

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zcrew, Aug 14, 2012.

1. zcrew

zcrew New Member

After a while of searching and almost pulling the trigger on a WRX, I finally did it. I've got a ton to learn about these cars, but so far I'm loving it. Hope to get to know some of you and see you around. I like getting reviews of possible mods etc from people in person rather than reading online.

:wavey:

Picked up an '08 STI. It had a wrxatlanta.com sticker on it already, so I figured I'd make myself at home here. Also starting to frequent the nationwide sites, but I like a strong local crowd too.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the community!

:wavey:

what's the color of your car...any mods done to it?

3. zcrew

zcrew New Member

Black.... From what I've read the official name is Obsidian Black Pearl? No mods yet. Unless I'm just too clueless to recognize something not being stock. Well, actually Prodrive wheels keep it rolling rather than BBS.

4. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Did Ryan's STi get sold again?

5. zcrew

zcrew New Member

Seems to have had a bit of audio stuff in it from what I can tell. Yanked out and put back to stock. Wheels are 19s and Bronze-ish.

6. slade1274

slade1274 Member

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that car has gotten around since Ryan sold it. I guess it's a good thing the douche after Ryan didn't keep it long.

8. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yeah it was pretty awesome when Ryan had it. Keep it going!

9. zcrew

zcrew New Member

It will definitely become a money pit. I'm coming from the euro side of things so its amazing how much cheaper parts are for these things!

10. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I really wish I was around during that time to hear the 2 12" setup. I love how you retained the hatch. Back to that conversation about relocating everything in mine to the trunk... :naughty:

OP...great pick on the car. I can't wait to see what you end up doing to it. Come by a meet sometime. Every other Tuesday...

11. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Welcome to the community!

12. slade1274

slade1274 Member

While I cannot guarantee the ring lands on the motor, I can assure you it was broken in properly and well cared for for the first ~28k miles or so..... other than the audio gear that was in and out as I was going through an OCD period with regards to audio at that time. Only thing that was altered on the car for the audio when I had it was the stock spare tire bracket that was cut and welded back in place.

It has had a Perrin DP and subsequent OTS tune with an AP, but I removed them when I traded it.

13. zcrew

zcrew New Member

It looks like almost all the service was done at Subaru of Gwinnett. I haven't picked a shop personally since I'm new to the scene but it looks like some of the independent shops have really good reputations.

14. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Allpro...'nuff said.

15. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

17. zcrew

zcrew New Member

Sounds like I should make a visit to their shop. I'd like someone to give it a once over before I start thinking about mods in case something needs attention. It seems to be in good shape though.

18. Khionê

Khionê Member

Welcome the the fourms. Allpro they are great group of guys!