Extended Studs + Lug Nut Replacement?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by superdoughboy4, Aug 17, 2012.

1. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

For the wheels that I'm putting on my car, which unfortunately was a big facepalm attempt on my part, I need more than just 5mm spacers.
    I read that 5mm spacers were required to put these specific wheels on my car by a handful of other Mazda3 people.
    I'm opting to get 10mm spacers with a more than probably requirement for extended studs.

I'll probably be going for ARP for the extended studs as everyone knows, they have a very good reputation for quality in their aftermarket replacement studs.

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for decent/good quality lug nut replacements that are relatively cheap?
    I might just go with the Corksport lug nut set at $99.00. http://www.corksport.com/corksport-lightweight-lug-nut-set.html
    I stripped 2 of the wheel studs so I'm going to need replacements regardless.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

im doing this same thing on my BMW have 8mm spacers on my car currently and the lugs are barely hanging on. ill be picking up some new studs and open/lightweight nuts

3. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I had mcgaurds on my last subaru and never had an issue with them. I have heard bad things about kics and would stay away from them.

4. superdoughboy4

Alright. Instead of making a new post, I'll just ask in here.

Do spacers past 5mm NOT have the lip around the center bore? I've been trying to find some but they all seem to have the same thing. And the bore on my wheel hubs is the exact reason why I have to get spacers in the first place.

k well it seems these 8mm spacers http://www.amazon.com/10mm-Aluminum-Wheels-Spacer-5x114-3/dp/B0069D8PS6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2 from Amazon don't have a lip.
    However, these aren't hubcentric. Does it matter that much to have hubcentric spacers over universal spacers?

5. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

However, these aren't hubcentric. Does it matter that much to have hubcentric spacers over universal spacers?[/QUOTE]

Yes.... You will never be able to get you car to ride without a vibration. I would stay away from them. Hubcentric is the only wat to go.

6. liltoua

liltoua Member

In the long run you are going to want hubcentric spacers. It will take away all the headaches. Depending on which wheels you choose, you are lucky because they make fairly cheap hubcentric rings to match your hub and wheels.

7. superdoughboy4

Thanks for the quick responses Josh and Toua. I guess I might have to get the wheels center bored out to fit on my hubs. It will definitely save me the headache of having to disassemble my calipers from the discs but will be just as if not more expensive...

8. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

so why didn't you just get wheels that fit?

9. superdoughboy4

It was supposed to be simple. And the wheels were cheap as hell.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Because... :rofl:APG!!!

11. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Peter you have let us asian's down! The fact that you are getting into machining the bore, you've clearly done your maths wrong :(

12. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

13. superdoughboy4

Lol I knew that the wheels wouldn't be a perfect fit. The 5mm spacers were supposed to be the fix. But unfortunately, that's not true.

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This thread makes my head hurt.

15. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

you shouldnt be trying to put sti bbs's on a mazda anyways

16. superdoughboy4

Oh what the fuck who told you.

17. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

just buy a subaru or put a subaru emblem on your car and be done with it.

18. b reel

b reel Active Member

Matt can you move this thread to the proper IA sub-forum?

19. superdoughboy4

lo