Late Summer/Fall Dragon meet!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Matt, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This is going to be a great weekend to get out of town and relax with a bunch of friends. It's also going to end up being a WJM memorial and fund raising weekend for the family savings account for Charlotte. We're working on multiple shops all over the South East for donations for a silent auction.

The dates: September 6th-9th.

We've negotiated pricing with Fontana Village and we'll be going back there for the first time in a couple years...as the main group anyway. As of now, they gave us a list of pricing, and they seem very eager to want to work with us. This is what we were given:

Lodge Room with double queen beds x9 $89.00
    Lodge Room with one King x5 $89.00
    Lodge Fireplace Room x4 $99.00
    2B/1BA Hemlock Cabin x4 $119.00
    2B/1BA Laurel Cabin x5 $109.00
    2B/2BA Azalea Cabin/wfp x2 $209.00
    3B/2BA Azalea Cabin x2 $209.00
    3B/2BA Magnolia Cottage x4 $209.00

When you call to book, please ensure that you state you're with the NASIOC 2012 group. Also, everything we've got reserved is for a Thursday, September 6th check in. and a Sunday the 9th check out.

Some of the shops we've spoken with:

42 Autosports - site
    KNS Brakes - site
    Turn in Concepts - site
    Boxer4Racing - site
    Import Image Racing - site

We'll be speaking with a few other shops, specifically local shops who want to set something aside for the auction, whether it be product or shop time/tuning time...

Since we're in the preliminary stages, we're still working out the logistics. We're exploring options in the area outside of driving the awesome roads up there for other daily activities ranging from zip lining to the lost sea to rafting.

We've also put together a group dinner. One of the locals to the area has a connection who happens to be a butcher. The butcher is donating a whole pig and we'll be doing a group dinner. All we ask in return is side dishes for the group. This is only if you participate. Otherwise, you're on your own for food.

Any questions? Please respond in here, or you can send me a PM.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. Jake

Jake Active Member

more than likely in. depends on work/etc

3. thetastelingers

thetastelingers New Member

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Oh damn. Me and a few others went up for Rotary Rally last weekend. If I knew the Subaru meet was this weekend I'd have made plans to go.

5. Matt

6. Matt

bump it up! Any interest in this? We need to have lodging booked by June 15th

7. slade1274

slade1274 Member

interest....

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

interest

9. Matt

bump it up for time. Get your reservations in soon!

10. Matt

We are very close to losing the entire weekend because no one has committed to booking. Please make your reservations ASAP. Meaning today.

11. g1nkgo

g1nkgo Member

interest. I was up at fontana village for a vw meet a couple of months ago. parking lot+firepits + beer.

12. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I was interested in this, but due to a ticket, the best I can do is try for a day trip :(

13. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I was just planning on a day trip as well.

14. crazyazn

awesome! we'll have to head up and head home separately :p

15. rsutton1223

Or just stay the hell away from Blood Mtn.!

16. crazyazn

yah more that. with this being out there in time, I think there is a high chance my car will be matte black or green by then.

17. JWX

JWX Member

Ok guys, the latest word is that Fontana is extending the cut off date to the 30th.

18. longfury

longfury Active Member

Hey, Matt. Did you find out the info about your cabin? I may be able to go. My GF really wants to head up that way.

19. Matt

as of now our cabin is full. There are plenty of other cabins and hotel rooms available though! There may even be others who need help in their cabin.

20. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, if I can't split one, I can't go.

I'll look around.

21. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

I need a roommate. I was gonna call tomorrow to make a reservation. Any takers?

~Ash

22. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

Bump!!!

Coming up soon.

23. turbo510

turbo510 Member

I'll be there, probably just Saturday and Sunday due to work. I look forward to seeing everyone!

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

Obviously won't be making this since I've moved. I'll be there in spirit. Gonna try to make it to at least one dragon run next year.

25. longfury

longfury Active Member

I may run up there Saturday morning if I have the gas money and stay the day.

26. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

I am looking forward to going but will only be able to go for one day most likely Saturday as well. Always more fun to drive in a group as opposed to by myself.

27. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

I plan on going up saturday morning and staying till its good and dark then coming back.

if anyone else wants to drive up that saturday we all should meet some where.. When i go for the rotary rally we meet at the walmart on suwannee dam road

28. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

Sounds like a plan thanks to GPS I can meet there what time do you think would be good?

29. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

its like a 3 hour drive from that spot.. the earlier the better... depends how many people people want to meet up and head out..

how far of a drive is that for you to get there?

30. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

The walmart im talking about is on Buford drive not Suwanee dam road. It right off of 985

Walmart Supercentermore info‎
    3795 Buford Mill Drive
    Buford, GA 30519

31. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Looking to make it a day trip as well w/ Sean with me

32. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

Im meeting Coldcat83 at the walmart off 985 (see my other posts for address) at 8am head out 8:30ish unless more people want to meet

33. bluedestiny

thanks, sounds good.

34. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I may make it Saturday or Sunday for the day. Is there any plans for a drive yet for the weekend?

35. Matt

Yes and no. Typically when we go up there, we play it by ear. I was talking with Erik last night and he's planning a drive Saturday down to Franklin and over to Highlands, then back to the resort for a group dinner saturday night.

36. crazyazn

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you both there. Since I'm coming from alpharetta, I think I will be routing up through dahlonega and such.

37. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Something like that would be right up my alley. I may not head back for the dinner, and just drive back to Asheville, but I'd like a little cruise like that.

38. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

*dramatic music* over...129/blood mountain? :eek:hnoes:

39. crazyazn

yah i think im just going to go through wolf pen and skip the sweepers on 129, or if i get a funny feeling, i'll swing out to 348.
    My thought on having a lower profile car color has failed miserably, but I good to go on the rock chip protection.

40. bluedestiny

After some thought, we decided to make a full family weekend of it with securing a laurel cabin; we will be leaving here around friday noon, wife, sean and probably his friend from asheville. Fontanna Village honored the discounted price which sure is a plus having just paid two sets of college semester bills. See you all there.

41. bluedestiny

the big honking wing is still a big honking wing even in olive drab to the enforcers. as Jeremy Clarkson said, it says 'ooooh arrest me!'

42. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

Im looking for another co-pilot, my friend cant go he has his two girls for the weekend

43. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am still thinking about heading up Saturday.

44. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

what time you thinking of leaving and where abouts do you live?

45. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am over near Cartersville. I have some errands to run in the morning. I don't know what time I will be getting that done and on my way up.

I may just head south and go race RC cars. :cool: I have not decided yet and probably won't till later tonight.

46. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I'm leaving in about an hour from Asheville. I should be in the area around lunch, mabye I'll see some of you around.

47. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I only saw the Jacksonville people, but had a good time. It was a bit wet when I arrived, but kept it sane and on the road.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

48. rsutton1223

Jeff and I made it up for the day. Had a great time seeing everyone and getting some runs in. We even made it home ticket free!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  49. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I guess I need to invest in some radios so that I could have tagged along for this. Hopefully next time!

50. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Radios usually only work line of sight anyways, don't let not having them deter you from going