IN-Dash DVD help

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Jester, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Jester

Jester New Member

I am in the market for a double-din in-dash headunit. I am looking for one that can at least hook up to my Iphone and allow me to control my Pandora radio, now that project 9-6-1 got yanked off the air. I have seen a few, but I am not sure if I am going to like the feature where the USB plugs into the front of the unit. Any comments of feedback will be greatly appreciated. If you have a unit you like and can post a picture that would be even better.

Thanks!

2. amonsta

amonsta Member

I have a jvc unit can't remember the model at the moment though. You can use pandora through the bluetooth no wires! Really a cool feature. It was also under 400 and has a detachable face, 7 inch screen, and many other awesome features.

3. One of the new app radios, doesn't have a optical drive or anything, pretty much smart phone driven, avic-x930bt or x940bt are both great.

4. Jester

Jester New Member

I looked into the new AppRadio and at first I was sold, then as I started reading more reviews seems like it is very buggy. Everyone who reviewed it on Amazon said it was a great idea but horrible execution. This really was a disappointment because it seemed exactly what I was looking for. I can not remember the last time I played a CD in my car.

I took a look at the JVC and it is definitely a contender. Going to keep searching.

5. ghionw

ghionw Member

I like my pioneer 4400BH. It has BT and HD radio. I think you can even sync it with your iphone and use apps like GPS from your phone on the radio itself.. Worth checking out for <$500

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

i have an alpine radio, similar to this in my BMW (no disc drive) and its really glitchy....

8. Jester

Jester New Member

AppRadio 2

I have decided to go with the AppRadio 2. I have seen the reviews getting better as Pioneer releases more firmware updates. I feel over time this will become a really fun headunit. My question for the group is recommendations as to where I can and should mount my iphone. I was thinking about setting up a dock in the arm rest, but that would require running the cables through the whole console and drilling a few holes to get the wires in there. Anyone have some cool places that have seen IPhone mounts?

Thanks as always for the help and advice.

-Cliff

9. Tank

Tank Member

I know what you mean the reviews are what is keeping me from buying the appradio. Not to thrilled about the price but it beats most of the full bluetooth navigation units out there.