Get your car on track ***ATLANTA MOTORSPORTS PARK***

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Chadbee@Forged, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Ok....so I know there are a few people on here that have expressed a real desire to drive their cars on track. I know it isn't for everybody because some people just don't like to drive hard/fast but if you want to get on track my friend that owns an organization called Tracks Unlimited is doing an event at Atlanta Motorsports Park in mid November. Its a REALLY good deal, $399 for TWO days! Most two day events at AMP are $500-$600 so this is a steal. I will be out there taking pictures of everybody on track and there will be 10+ very experienced driving instructors there to help as well. You don't need racecar aero, or a big brake kit or wait till you get your coilovers on....as long as you have plenty of tread on your tires, material on your brake pads and quality brake fluid you are good to go. Hope to see some of you out....

DATE: November 17-18th

Tracks Unlimited website and sign up link: http://tracksunlimited.net/

AMP's website: http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.com/

Full event photo coverage by: http://chadbeephotography.com

Every driver will get a high quality photo of them driving on track!

Info on the track:

Atlanta Motorsports Park (AMP) is a road course designed by famed Formula One architects, Hermann Tilke. Instead of the typical country club with a golf course at its center, at AMPs heart will be a 2-mile road course with elevation changes, technical course layout, high speed straights and two ‘signature’ corners designed to pay homage to famed European race courses; Belgium’s Spa-Francochamps and the iconic ‘Carousel’ from Germany’s Nürburgring. Incorporating these most famous and exciting of all of motorsports only hints at the lengths AMP has gone to in creating this world-class facility.

A lap around the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxGzPRRzzM

Atlanta Motorsports Park aerial view:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I might go to this one. But do they offer single day track or do you have to buy the 2 days?

3. That I know of it is just a two day event but you might want to contact Tracks Unlimited and at least ask for a one day. I'm doing the two day for sure, but then again I'm trying to get track time in and play photographer as well lol

4. I think i'll go to this one.

5. resipsawrx

resipsawrx Member

I instruct with Tracks Unlimited, and while I can't "officially" speak for management, they typically offer a one day price for all of their events - it just isn't really broadcast to folks through the promotional stuff.

If you haven't done a track day - this track is awesome, and a one day option would be pretty incredibly cheap to run at such a venue. If it's your first event, the one-day option would be a good choice. You will get plenty of track time and discover whether tracking your car is for you.

I have a total of 6 days at AMP, and can't wait to get back.

Barber Motorsports Park this weekend with Tracks Unlimited - if anyone is interested.

Len

6. Awesome! You will have a lot of fun :)
    AMP is a really really fun track! It is a really good place to learn your car and proper car control and not end up in a wall like Road Atlanta.....well that is as long as you don't play with turn 16 LOL

I won't be able to make it to Barber because of previous plans but I will see you at AMP next month Len!

7. resipsawrx

resipsawrx Member

Look forward to seeing you out there Chad.

Love the shots all over FB that you have been taking at various events - great stuff.

Len

8. Thanks Len!

Oh I totally forgot to add tot he OP that I will be the official photographer for the event :) Every person on track will be getting a photo and I will be doing full event coverage through out the weekend.

9. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

That photo of AMP really rocks. It's the first photo I've seen that really shows the elevation changes and such.

10. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I wonder if I can swing this... There's a good chance I'll be relocating for work next month, though. :|

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

[​IMG]

^^ kart track. steep as shit.

what day is this? I'll probably be up there

12. And there is grass! lol
    Let us know if you can make it out!

13. resipsawrx

resipsawrx Member

Marcus - What are you talking about?

Len

14. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

So-so amounts of work. I'll tell you about it tomorrow, need to send you a FB message, anyway. :)

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

pretty sure I saw you guys up there on the member appreciation day

16. We were there! That was a really fun day, I had a lot of fun even though I wasn't able to get out on track. If you carE to see some pics from that day click HERE

17. I'll be ordering some fresh Carbotech XP10's for my Z tomorrow for this event....if anybody need any advice/help/parts/anything at all just call me at the shop, I'll help however I can.

770-792-0202

18. Tank

Tank Member

I just wish I had my other car up and running so that I could take advantage of this offer. If I brake the wrx my wife said I would be getting burried in it a short time after. I know the photos will be awesome I have see a lot of Chad's photos on other sites. Great work.

19. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Bump... Tracks Unlimited has opened up 1-day registration for $225 (either day)!

20. trouble06

trouble06 Member

This is what I was waiting for!!

21. trouble06

trouble06 Member

For those who don't know, there is a 98 db sound limit. I'm glad I've been told this because this is not on their website in the rules they claim. I called a guy this morning at Tracks Unlimited and he confirmed it. I have to find out if I'll pass with my car but I doubt it.
    Sucks:|

22. resipsawrx

resipsawrx Member

Hope you can make it trouble.

And, for anyone interested - the one day at $225.00 (with instruction if applicable) is a great deal for a track day.

Len

23. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Looking for another HPDE event before the end of the year. I'll put my name on the reserve list for the MVP event at Road Atlanta.
    Does anyone know of another one?

24. resipsawrx

resipsawrx Member

trouble - I know that I don't know your car - but it would have to be LOUD to break the 98 db limit. I've seen cars fail, but I have seen plenty more pretty loud cars pass. If your car is street-driven and your ears aren't bleeding, you probably will be OK. If you know of anyone with a db meter, have them stand about 25 yards back and give it a few full revs and see what numbers you get.

Len

25. trouble06

trouble06 Member

My car is pretty loud at full boost but it doesn't mean I'll break the 98 db limit, but 98% it will ;)
    I'm gonna try to find a sound meter somewhere.

26. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

^ Get in touch with the local SCCA region, they should have a sound meter.

I have a Cobb TBE and it rarely even topped 93 dB at local AXes here in Knoxville. It should be a bit quieter with the equal length headers.

27. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Thanks, I'll check on the net where they are located.
    My setup is a little bit more aggressive. I have a twinscroll setup, APS TSR70 with APS 3" TBE ( and dump tube!), running about 21 psi at full boost. I'll probably gonna flirt with the 98 db or more.

28. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to double-check mine at the AX next weekend... I'll have to mention that to the sound guy, if we're running sound.

If your APS is the one that uses the Magnaflow muffler, it should'n be *that* much louder than the Cobb. I had a used Cobb muffler that developed a rattle, and replaced it with a Magnaflow universal 3" muffler, then went back to the Cobb to cure the slight but annoying drone I had.

29. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Wish my car was healthy, I'd do this for sure.

30. Had fun even though I wasn't on track. I ended up putting my car down for the season and being the officail photographer for the event. It wasn't as fun as driving by any means lol but I made some cash to buy race car parts yeah!

31. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

:rofl:

[​IMG]