12.76@112.33

Discussion in 'General Community' started by WRboXer, Oct 31, 2012.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Car #17

Stock 2012 GT with 3.73 rear and GT500 axle back. Color me impressed, digging the trapspeed especially for stock. This was also done shifting into 5th, which apparently most people just ride 4th out.

First time out to a strip in a rwd car...couldnt get the 1.9 60" i was hunting for, but didnt really care either.

Fun to get back out onto the strip and make some low risk fun runs(aka no fear of transmission or other component strength issues).

[​IMG]

2. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Not bad... I just got back from Florida doing half-mile runs in Carrabelle with the wagon. There were a couple 5.0's down there with mild bolt-ons and they were trapping the half mile mark about as fast as a new Corvette @ 126-128mph range.

Just out of curiosity, what were you racing when you made this pass? Looks like a close race. hahaha

3. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

My brothers IS-F. Glad i didnt break the shift knob off on that pass.

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Looks good trap speeds look like you can probably get it down to a very low 12 maybe a high 11 with drag radials. Looks real good for your first time at the strip.

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

If i can get your wheels and my funds to work out, it should drop about ~50 lbs of rotational weight off the car as well.

These traps were in ~70degree weather as well. In cold weather without boat anchors at all 4 corners im expecting low ~114mph traps.

I was expect similar trap speeds with a tune...would be cool to do it stock without voiding the warranty. :)

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

So your brother sold his Corvette or is this the other brother?

7. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

They both had corvette's and they are both now sold. This is my middle brother. He now has a 98 Viper(TT kit in route funny enough) and the ISF as a daily.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Must be nice to be rich:) Arent they both Doctors?

9. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

No the middle one is Mech-E. Good job mixed with no debt(other then cars) and cheap living means a good amount of expendable income.

He has tied up in the viper about what you would spend on a typical used C6Z...not that crazy.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  10. techlord

techlord Active Member

was this a commerce?

11. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

mmp.

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Southern Outlaw?

13. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

No just a TNT a couple weeks ago. Had a car meet in Monkey town with some volvo/auburn people and its traditional to make a MMP stop. MMP is my favorite track due to low cost, low safety, and a good time. ;)

14. crash#2

crash#2 Member

a buddy of mine was running mid 12's with his 2011 gt ( a few more bolt ons though) on all-seasons until he lost cylinder #8!

15. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Cyl 8 does tend to be an issue in these cars. The reason why this one will remain relatively stock power wise(for the shorty term).

Plenty of weight for it to loose, and plenty of suspension tuning to be done though. My plan is to go mid ~12.5's on street tires stock engine and tuning.

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Can you post pics of the car? Sorry if you have before.. I must have missed them.

17. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Nice numbers indeed!

I drive a black 12 GT with the Brembo option. 3.73 gears. FRPP Pro Cal tune with GT 500 axel backs in Johns Creek. Maybe Ill see u around town! I had the 09 Red WRX awhile back that the guys at Topspeed did a great job with. (formerly "Kenny" on these boards..)

As a side note..here is some info and fix on that #8 cyl. issue..fortunately, it's only an issue on agressive tunes and FI modded cars. One of the reasons I opted for the FRPP Pro Cal myself. Its really nothing more than a head to head coolant tube to increase flow. Its a bitch to install however due to its location it seems.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/s-1...d-mmr-eliminate-8-cylinder-failure-today.html

My 12:

[​IMG]

Dipped Wheel project( temp look)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  18. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Looks good. Are you lowered and on what?

19. Special_K

Special_K New Member

In the pic with the dipped wheels..I am lowered on just Eibach Pro's....not a good set up other than how it looks. Really needed shocks to gain control.

The top pic after stripe install is stock front suspension with the Brembo 55D springs in the rear. The 55D's lower the rear less than 7/8" to avoid axle shift and are about like stock ride wise. Levels the car to the front height. This is my current set up, and works well.

Also- 11's are possible with the pro Cal tune and some select mods to suspension/tires/wheels if you are set up for the strip..

http://forums.corral.net/forums/s-197-mustang-gt-2011/1393313-11s-procal-finally.html

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012