RSTI... Take II

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by SANDERS, Jul 9, 2011.

1. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Yeah, same here! It should be interesting to say the least. lol. Waiting on material to start engine cradle/tranny mount.

2. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Moar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Tranny mount built... engine cradle in progress.... Photos to follow... Maybe...

4. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Slowly coming together. Just a shot from the other night.

[​IMG]

5. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Please update. This build is the only reason I still get on this website!

6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

This is project is being scrapped and the car being sold last I was told.

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:|

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

say it aint so?!

this build is the only reason i come to this thread anymore!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  9. slade1274

slade1274 Member

^
    I see what you did there....

10. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

My car was used to test bed building the engine cradle, tranny mounts, exhaust lay out, ect.... But just like every other project I ever built, it doesn't last around me... The roller has made it's way to Chicago. The LS swap parts are at Killshot awaiting the first clients car. I know Andy and Mike are currently taking orders for LS conversions and conversion parts.

11. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

some final engine placement photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

last pictures is of swaybar and rack placement photos. I can't show anymore than that at this time. Please refer to Killshot

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

crap, i wanna see this thing run. guess i'll just have to win the lottery and buy one myself

13. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I think the car is sold already....he did say the roller made it to Chicago. (you edited it before I responded....lol)

14. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

nah...build a locost. That power plant will be in my 1500lb car :drool:

15. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Will you be able to daily drive your locost rain or shine? (Legit question here...do they have a kit with a top?)

16. 07Ltd#767

I've seen build logs where people do it, but they're usually northern based / canadian builds where the weather sucks balls 8 months a year. I've also seen build logs where the people are broke and actually building a 'low cost' car so they can commute to work. The latter builds are amazing, these people can build a car on a $2k budget that looks great and will blast by 99% of cars on the road.

Mine will be an open top, it won't see any rain unless i get boned by mother nature. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to run a heater core so i can have defrost on the windshield. it's not too hard to do, it's just a matter of space

It will be driven with the same frequency i rode my bike, about 5k miles a year plus track days and auto-x

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

how do you get them tagged/insured? don't cars have to meet crash/smog standards before they can be driven?

18. 07Ltd#767

nope. There are a few certified salvage yards that do "safety inspections." From there, it's registered as a homebuilt car and VIN'd from the GSP. Insurance is nothing, you just declare a value on the car and insure it through your standard company. It's usually dirt cheap, at least from what i've read.

19. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

It is, and a sad day it was. Scott's car really was a beautiful Suby and he did a great job getting it where it was. :bowdown: Sometimes life just gets in the way, but at the same time, I am sure he will have something fun in the future. The really bad part is we were 90% of the way to having it up and runing!! I know he has some prospects right now and some dreams, so something fun will come his way shortly I am sure!

20. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Any news on where this car ended up?

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

I think alabama