2013 wrx limited sedan first service. Shortly after ended up stranded on side of I75

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robb2577, Jan 7, 2013.

1. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, the starting price for a no options WRX is $26K. The WRX has not been the performance value it once was for a long time.

The STI starts at $34K but can rapidly hit $40K.

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Another reason I went 'Merican this go around... Similarly set up V6 Camaro with 323HP for $23,000...

3. Robb2577

Robb2577 New Member

Just out of curiosity, what car is a better performance value for the money that is AWD and just as fast (or very close to it) as the STI on the street?

4. Robb2577

Robb2577 New Member

and a V6 Camaro is not even close to a stock WRX even though the hp is greater. The SS Camaro would be more comprable speed wise but its not going to handle like the WRX

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Now that is how you handle a fucked up situation! Bravo SOK

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

or ~45k if you're digitizedsoul. :p

7. longfury

longfury Active Member

It is the only real AWD option anymore for under $30k starting price.

I would drop the AWD and you can get the VW GTI, Focus ST, BRZ/FR-S, V6 Mustang/Camaro, Mazdaspeed3 and I am sure I am missing a few. They are all in the same category in terms of performance except in a straight line where the WRX's AWD will get it to 60 first.

Also by dropping AWD you gain a lot in fuel economy.

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

great to hear! SOK stepping up!

9. Robb2577

Robb2577 New Member

No disrespect to anyone that has one of those, but I'm not really a big fan of any of those (mainly bc you see a lot of them) except for the BRZ (which I did look at but I needed 4 doors and a back seat) and the gas mileage doesnt really bother me bc I like the AWD. Actually just drove up to Tennessee last week and was driving in the pouring rain all the way up there and in snow all day the next day and had a BLAST! Anyways I bought my fiance a Chevy Cruze and that's the car that we use for longer trips bc it averages about 31-32 mpg so the WRX worked in my situation.

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

You are right...the camaro SS will out handle a stock wrx.

11. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

What stock, 4 door car that is as versatile as the WRX or STI can you buy for that money? None. Evo is thrown out due to to embarrassingly small trunk. The Subaru was the only car that I could take to the track, mountain biking, daycare and on weekend trips. For that reason, it is a value. If you are looking for a pure performance car and don't need the other stuff, there are more options.

Edited to add: Glad to hear everything worked out with SoK! I bought mine there and have been extremely satisfied with my service and the employees there. It was one of the best buying experiences I have ever had. I still bring the car by when I am in the area. They always kind of sit back and laugh..."what did you do now?" Wait until they see it after it gets out of WagenWerks...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  12. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Oh shit. Lime green paint splattered on the hood.

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

and here I thought $35k for a Golf R was a lot.

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Agreed... I'm not comparing the 2 cars, I'm just talking bang for your buck. I feel the Camaro is priced right for what it is... I just feel the WRX and STI jumped the shark when they jacked the price up to 30 / 40k respectively...

15. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

:sold: !!!

:sx:

16. Robb2577

Robb2577 New Member

True.. I wish they were priced a little cheaper too but unfortunately they aren't so I guess you gotta pay to play.

17. ninja01

ninja01 Member

lol Wagunz.. They replaced my center diff under my extended warranty on Scooby Roo 2 a couple weeks ago.

18. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

20. resynch

[​IMG] -- the guy holding the camera in the reflection?...lol

21. orndog

orndog Member

Wonder what they'd tell you about its history if you asked.

22. Matt

It's frost on the hood

23. b reel

b reel Active Member

I know but on a small screen it looks like a car fire or a 2 year old carbon fiber hood. How long does it take to hose it down then hit it with a Sham-Wow followed by some Eco-Auto Clean Product?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  24. Matt

:rofl: that was intended for resynch

25. resynch

LOL.... yeah I know its frost on the hood. Wouldn't hurt to have pictures without frost on the hood\body though. From the looks of the price they are still selling it for MSRP it seems.

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

can't blame them, new motor and I'm sure it will come with a good warranty as well.

27. Matt

I like how the ad says "save thousands!"

IMO, you're not saving anything for that.

28. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

The truth.

They replaced everything single component in that car that comes into contact with oil. You're essentially getting a brand new car for a bit of a discounted price since the chassis / suspension has a couple thousand miles on it.

I believe they are still honoring the full warranty on it as well, but I can't be 100% sure on that one

29. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

don't forget, it was a fully loaded limited, too

30. orndog

orndog Member

From my shopping, SoK was higher than some other places, and really proud of their used inventory. There was a used Impreza Limited there that they had priced higher than a brand new Premium with a few options. Not saying they aren't a great place, and they sure took care of a forum member.