StevenSTi's '05 Build

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by StevenSTi, Apr 27, 2011.

1. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Purchased in September 2010 with 87XXX miles. Car was in perfect shape, only mods were a CAI and wheels. I had the car fully checked out and changed all the fluids the day I got the car and we decided that the car was VERY well taken car of.

I changed the timing belt and water pump, and put new shocks on the rear, and that finished off my maintenance worries.

So far all the mods I have done are an HKS Turbo Timer, a vent mounted 37mm boost gauge and I found a set of stock wheels to replace the black ones.

I have a 3" TBE on the way that I ordered yesterday, so this will be my first performance mod. I wont install the DP till I have the money for a Cobb AP. I am trying to decide on what sway bars I am going to pair up with a set of KartBoy endlinks. So many plans and so little cash.

Here is the car as it sits right now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boost gauge and TT:

[​IMG]

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks like you'll have a fun project on your hands ;) I suggest Whiteline sway bars. In fact, there's a rear swaybar for sale in the classifieds section right now.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

congrats on the ride, looks like you're being smart about your build

4. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

yeah, takin it slow and not buying anything unless Im sure I want it on there. I made the mistake with my Lexus with buying stuff, then not really liking it, buying something else and so on, so I wasted money and time. With this car Im doing days of research before I buy parts.

I went cheap with the exhaust because from what most people say and what I read most of the 3" exhausts are about the same, just depends on the tip to determine how loud you want it. even if its crap, I can cut it, weld new flanges on the pipes and find another tip and Im still in less than most other TBEs

5. Alex

It's good to hear that you learned from your Lexus but you may still need to learn the "buy once, cry once" lesson a few more times :)

6. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Went and snapped some pics with a few buddies yesterday. One MS3, one SRT-4, a Mustang, and my STi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Update 5/3/11

FedEx just dropped my exhaust off. I ordered it from M2 Performance (a cheaper brand made by Megan Racing). Everything seems well put together, came with all the nuts, bolts and gaskets. It will be putting the cat-back section on this weekend, but Im gonna wait till I get my tuner before I change out the DP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Typical Mustang driver: can't drive well enough to not screw up the shot.

9. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

exactly what we said lol

10. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

change of plans, I got a killer deal on a Cobb AP, $525 shipped to the door. should be here Thursday with free overnight shipping

11. Alex

Great price -- where'd you end up ordering it from?

12. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

eBay lol

13. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

got my tuner, got my exhaust, now I just need a Cobb intake to complete my set up.

Gonna install the Cat-back for now, get the intake HOPEFULLY next week, then install the DP and tune it

14. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

[​IMG]

Exhaust...check.

more pics and vids to come

15. 97s14

97s14 New Member

What did you end up paying for the car? I'm currently looking.

16. fourdegrees

fourdegrees Member

How did the downpipe fit?

17. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Just pushing this up to say I sold this car back in March of last year. I am currently looking for another STi at the moment, found some good candidates but need to sell my boat first. I will start another thread as soon as I get another one

18. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Boat.. more info.

19. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

PM sent