Weekend Help (FMIC install)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Xray10six, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

Hey All,
    Im not 100% sure if Im posting this in the right location, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out with installation of a FMIC on my STI this weekend. It will only be the install of the beam, core, and test fitting the cold side pipes. Im running an APS Cold air and will need to modify the pipes to run around it, but doing the cutting on the bumper, putting it back on, test fit, remove is just combersome by myself. Once the cutting is done and the pipes modified, then Ill be sending them off for powder coat.

If anyone is interested, shoot me an Email at Nitrousspeed@yahoo.com. Ill supply beer and pizza

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

good luck!

trim a little at a time, shit's hard to glue back on

3. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

Ha! Thanks. Yeah, this will be my third one to install. Im used to it, just takes time

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Make sure and plug up the inlet/outlet pies of the core until you have all the pipes on.

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Are you an old member on here that used to have a tricked out WRX?

6. Xray10six

Xray10six Member

A long time ago. I had a very nice bug eye back in the day. Then I sold that for a 2010 STI SE that I made a lot of fun, but it was very expensive. So I sold that one and bought an 07 STI that I can afford to keep and modify. I do a lot of testing with my car to write reviews. This time it's a FMIC.