Next Gen WRX "leaked"

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Matt, Mar 26, 2013.

1. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

looks like a nice progression from the earlier renderings. I'd say the concept is pretty close to the production lines and like how the rear uses the air flow to create downforce without the park bench strapped to the trunk. Looking forward to the final version to have some tacky chrome headlights though.

4. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

:wiggle: LOL

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I don't see that diffuser making it like that....it's on the wild side.

6. empti

empti New Member

Really wish they can add the 6 speed. And add some feedback to the steering

Also rumor says the 5 door will be replaced with a 3 door hatchback. Not sure if anyone will like it ....

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

don't see much of the lights, brakes, wheels or under aero to making it to a sales lot. waiting for the GT300 version now... :naughty:

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

conspiracy theorist's think the STi will be the badass 1.6L turbo 3-door for Grp"N" and WRC

9. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I dunno I thought the same with the BRZ concept and lo and behold it's there. Who knows!

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

lights are style gimmicks and nothing more, BBS RI-D's and STi 6-pots can be had now and I'm sure the aero will be pared down for production costs. Besides the front and rear fascia I think the overall body style is done.

11. 06Scoobaru

06Scoobaru New Member

12. KDJ770

KDJ770 New Member

Point taken, Matt ;)

I have to admit that I REALLY like direction that Subaru is taking the WRX - I just hope hope hope that there is a 5 door STI still!

13. b reel

b reel Active Member

might end up with the 4 series GT style. sedan looks with hatch sensibility.

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

IMO, they're using the current gen body to test the new drivetrain.

17. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I REALLY hope that's the case. I'd hate to see such a cool new design slide away that quickly.

I don't know, though. That's the newer grill shape and the back has the "diffuser".

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  19. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

bummer, tho maybe its a drivetrain test mule, as it looks more like the current gen base impreza with a wing. (still trying to be hopeful for a nice curvy bodystyle)

20. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

IT's likely a drivetrain mule.....that looks nearly identical to the current Impreza doesn't it?

This came in Subaru Insider....which kinda makes ya think that the concept is the real deal with maybe minor tweaks.
    http://www.subaru-global.com/ms2013/ny/wrx/?d=us

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

that's the Impreza XT, not a WRX/BRZ

22. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Ok. Cool ;) I thought we all just got duped...

23. Aggregate

Aggregate Member

I still think the new WRX will have alot in common with the Impreza. EDIT: At least something in common.