JCS a-pillar pod for 2013's

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by digitizedsoul, Nov 15, 2012.

1. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

http://jcs-pods.com/WRX.html

Anyone ever used one of these? Airbag insert legit?

I'm thinking about getting the triple for mine but wanted to get input from the community first since i've never put an a-pillar pod on a car with a side airbag before.

Also 52mm or 60mm? Are 60's big enough to obstruct the view?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

As a personal preference, I do not like pillar gauge pods. They just scream "come mess with me" when you are out driving around. I opted to go with the SMY cluster that drops two 52mm gauges around your stock instrument gauges. That said, we do have something different in the works for the car already.

What gauges are you planning on running and why? Figure boost and oil pressure are probably the main two.

3. digitizedsoul

well, I am getting an SPT boost gauge with the car, which i may or may not keep in the long run, not sure. For now it will work fine even though it only goes to 20psi as i'll be running stage 2 at best on the stock turbo.

For the triple I wanted to put oil pressure, afr and either EGT or volts. I have always loved the way the a-pillar pod makes it look like an aircraft cockpit when you are sitting in the drivers seat at night.

I am seeing from some reading that Defi makes the best red matching gauges for the factory cluster, is that accurate or no?

Some of this doesn't make sense on the stock turbo and stuff I know, but my overall goal in the long run (1-2yr) is to big rotate turbo it and what not, so it would be nice to already have the gauges.

4. digitizedsoul

PS, the way I drive screams "Come mess with me" anyway, even now in the tacoma so i'm not too worried about that lol

5. rsutton1223

Yes Defi...and I can not stress this enough. I went budget on the gauges and got ProSports and now I am going Defi because they are crap. Spend the money on the Defi's up front.

6. digitizedsoul

No I won't be cutting any corners on this build / car. I love everything clean.

I have some door / trim piece ideas for JP Coach as well once it gets here.
    Already have the shift boot and ebrake boot in my wish list on rallysportdirect.com which I conveniently emailed to the wife with subject "christmas?"

What else is "in the works" for our cars regarding gauges? I mean if I could get one of the dash ones like the 02-07's had, that would also be cool, but the only one i've seen has garbage fitment.

7. rsutton1223

Contact Alex on here about the boots instead of going through RallySport.

This. :cool:

[​IMG]

8. digitizedsoul

Sold, and regarding hitting him up directly for boots vs rallysport, done.

Thanks man this is going to be so much nicer then a-pillar, much more modern.

A-pillar is very cockpit-like, but it's also very 90's / civic-ish as well you are right.

I wonder if they'll be able to do this in leather as well as alcantara? I'm sure they can they can do anything it seems lol

9. rsutton1223

I believe (but don't quote me on this) that they have a new leather in that is actually able to wrap on dashes. Previously, the other high end leathers were too thick. Alex can give you the low down on that though.

10. digitizedsoul

yeah I love how yours looks with alcantara. certainly beats the plastic.

Man that picture with those Defi's, that's me man, perfection right there.

11. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I ran the AEM gauges on mine. One was AFR, the other was the uego gauge (i think that's it, it's the one that monitors about 10 different things at once). Granted, i had a limited, so i wanted as nonchalant as possible, but the AEM gauges are top notch

12. rsutton1223

AEM makes great gauges...I just wish they matched our interiors better.

13. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

agreed, they were better than any other gauge i've seen on the market. That said, the picture you posted above is not only functional, but extremely clean and probably the best looking gauge cluster i've seen on any subaru

14. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Looks sicks but also looks like you have to get the entire dash pimped if I'm not mistaken.

15. digitizedsoul

i might have to step up. I wonder what a completely leather / stitched dash would look like, compared to mr sutton's alcantara?

:D

16. b reel

b reel Active Member

you don't ask, you just pay up

17. digitizedsoul

So would anyone say 60mm gauges on the A-pillar would be too big?
    Would they obstruct view enough that 52's would be better?

18. liltoua

liltoua Member

Go big or go home! ;)

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

ftfy. ;)

20. got rice?

got rice? New Member

ProSport

whats wrong with the pro sports? I got the evo edition ones though. I haven't and any problems with the prosport evo's

21. got rice?

got rice? New Member

contact alex? I am new on here. Love the suede dash. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking!