Galaxy S4 Active

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Jul 14, 2013.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Anyone have one? Opinions? Would live to have a phone I can take running and not worry about the rain...

2. BelvnAWD

That was supposed to be "like to have a phone"...

3. I just started looking at that phone yesterday. Our AT&T contract is up in October so I'm looking for a pair of phones that can take abuse.
    Our S2's have done really well, but the ability to keep a phone in my pocket while going down a waterslide? I'm in...
    Exact same technical specs as the S4, and it even runs a little faster than it in a few tests...

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

zip lock bag

5. I tried that with my DL and credit card when I was at white water 2 weeks ago just to test the theory. It actually filled up with water :rofl:
    That's what I get for using knock off ziplocks... Although I'm not sure how much I trust name brand either...

6. BelvnAWD

Bump. Anyone get an Active yet? Also considering a regular S4 or an HTC One...

7. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i've had the regular S4 for just over a week. it really is bad ass.

the active is supposed to have a lesser camera and i think thats about the only real difference

8. BelvnAWD

Thanks Yerrow. Any particular feature that really sets it apart?

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Don't know about the active model.. but my buddy as the regular S4. He likes it, but said the look away function on videos sucks and the hand wave to answer is meh. Infrared to control stuff got 2 thumbs up though :)

10. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

it has alot of useless bells and whistles like the handwaving crap, typical samsung

i don't even use it, but the camera is amazing. its superfast, and the current android 4.2.2 is soooo much better than the last 3.

its almost tooo big, but you get used to it quickly. i'm the only non iphone dude in my whole company and this one has made a few people consider changing

11. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree with the others, I've had my s4 on VZW since release, love the phone, and I'm averaging about 20-26hours of battery life sitting on 4g the whole time, with a fair bit of data use (~5gb/mo).

The wave stuff only seems to work when Im not trying to use it, and I only got the video play to work a few times when I was in a very bright room. All those things turned off I think is what helped my batt life, and I agree that 4.2.2 is quite smooth out of the box.

I am intrigued about rooting and trying out the 'clean google rom' as I've read pretty good reviews about it.

12. Steve@TSM

Steve@TSM New Member

I've always been an Apple fanboy but switched to the S4 when it was released in May. So far I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I switched to the GE Rom (clean, not modified) last week and could tell a difference in speed and battery life. I really hate the fact that not only does Samsung but AT&T really add a lot of bloatware to the phone.

Rooting the phone isn't that difficult but is a little intimidating at first after only had jailbroken an iPhone which is pretty much a one-button process these days. You'll have to bypass the bootloader if you're on AT&T or Verizon. AT&T (my provider) was easy but Cicio's phone (Verizon) was a PITA.