Bye Bye EVO...

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by film_god, Jul 17, 2013.

1. film_god

film_god New Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

welcome. So how did the valet crash the evo?

3. film_god

film_god New Member

He was driving a customers brand new Nissan Altima and cut from one side of the street to the other without looking. I slammed into him and his car propelled me into a tree.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the community! It's a whole different world from the EVO.

5. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

I saw your car on the truck after that accident. I see you driving around a lot. Glad to hear you are okay and welcome to the community!

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Welcome!! Good job valet..are you allowed to disclose what company???? Love the new Subaru!

7. Welcome man! I know that's probably not the way you wanted to be introduced to a STi lol...I like the pic of the wrecked EVO with the new STi in the back, because it shows both sides of your situation in one setting.

8. film_god

film_god New Member

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I had been talking with my wife about getting a WRX for a daily driver as the EVO was getting to be a bit much, horsepower wise, to drive around everyday... and with a two year old. After the accident, I went to car-max to look at an EVO X MR and it just felt numb but then the dealer mentioned that they had three STi's. As soon as I turned the key, I fell in love. I had been driving that EVO since 2007 so it still feels a bit surreal waking up and seeing an STi in the driveway but I'm more than happy with the switch. I've got an Access Port, Coilovers, Cobb intake/box, and TBE (plus a few other odds and ends) on the way but those parts will likely sit in the garage for a while- I like the feel of the stock STi for now.

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

:rofl:

Sure.

10. film_god

film_god New Member

Hey, it's nice to have a more "civilized" car for a change. My EVO was like being in a rocket ship all day everyday. I'm surprised my left leg isn't 3 times the size of my right with how stiff the clutch was and being able to pull up in the driveway and -almost- surprise my wife without her hearing me coming from 6 blocks away is pretty nice too. I'm sure this phase will pass after another week or two though.

11. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

you say that now.. Modding STIs/WRXs is like popping a Pringles can.. once ya pop the fun don't stop.. unless you're out of chips or money..

Welcome to the Family though

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Parts will be installed this week :)

13. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

What was done to your EVO?

14. liltoua

liltoua Member

Welcome! Great choice of car ;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  15. film_god

film_god New Member

FP Red, power fc, 272 cams + built head, twin disc carbon clutch, custom manifold, hks exhaust, swift springs... A few other things here and there. The thing I miss most is my HKS BOV. It'd scare the hell out of anyone who had never been in my car before >.<

16. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Nice. What did your car put down?

17. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Man, which valet company? I use to valet for eagle, mainly in buckhead. Were they willing to take blame right away. Owners of valet companies are usually dicks, at least the one for eagle.

But congrats on the sti, sorry about the evo.

18. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Congrats on the Sti.

19. film_god

film_god New Member

I was running a "safe" tune at the time of the accident- around 360AWHP @ 25psi due to my EVO being my DD/family car. Before my daughter was born, around 430AWHP @ 30psi on the stock block (ARP studs) with no issues.

I don't know what valet company the guy worked for. It might have been a private company owned by the hotel itself but while the case is still open, I don't want to disclose any hotel names or anything. I will say that he was at fault whether the company wants to deny it or not... it's a pretty clear cut situation.

20. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome, and congratulations on the new STi.

Good luck on resolving the the wreck. I hope everything works out as it should.

21. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

Wow man sucks to hear about the EVO that looked like an amazing car. Welcome to the STi world its a completely different beast than the EVO I bet.

22. JV9124

JV9124 New Member

Was this on 14th st. near Piedmont? If so, I saw it on the flatbed :(

23. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Wanna sell any parts off that EVO or does the insurance company own it?

24. chameleon

chameleon Member

Welcome to the other side of the rally ... lol!