introducing self

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Christopher, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

im from covington ga originaly, i have lived in the greater atlanta area for three years. i have had an account for about 9 months, and totally forgot about it.:wtc: so now i is making post. :wiggle:

i have an 03 ts wagon, maroon, with a small intake mod, its dead at the moment, i killed her good. from what i understand the piston ring fubard cause of a mistake that i dont want to get into, ( it still hurts ) so gotta get a long block for ease and cost.

i am a dell pc break fix/repair technician, with this job i replace broken parts on every type of dell pc, so if you have any questions about any computer, ill be more than happy to help as much as i can. and if i dont know right off the bat, ill help you find the answer.

o, im here because of face, he told me about this site, dont know if he still remembers me.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

welcome back... Hit up AllPro for a resurrection

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Are your heads trashed? Get a block from PullAPart for $140 and swap your heads, do the gaskets and timing belt while you're at it. You can be back on the road for under $500 of you're handy. If not, call AllPro.

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

Hey man welcome!

I would call AllPro for parts/service. They will take great care of you.

5. Christopher

Christopher New Member

i dont think its the head, pretty sure its the cylinder walls, so unless im mistaken its part of the block itself...right?

i have more time than money so this is most likely the route i will take, until i can put the motor i want in it :D

6. Christopher

Christopher New Member

http://www.pullapart.com/inventory/search.aspx

this is what i have found on pullapart, dont really know which would work best without knowing exactly what engine is in it. the top two could possibly have an ej25d, but im not sure if it will just swap over.

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Any of the 2.5 liter blocks should work for NA stock power levels. Find the lowest mileage one that looks to have been wrecked in the sides or back, or has a blown transmission. I got my 25d out of a wrecked outback, it was hit in the front but the timing covers weren't touched so I pulled it anyways.

8. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

9. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

Sorry to hear about your mishap and welcome to the community.

10. Christopher

Christopher New Member

sry, i feel like a @$$ for not responding earlier.

i was able to resurrect her, $1300ish longblock off ebay from a company in cali, 200,000 mile, barely broken in. ive had it in for something like 6-months to a year, little bit of a oil leak, completely maintainable. likely my fault, i did the swap, took like 18 hours, she run good now, lol.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016