Gaming: XBOne VS PS4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

What are you getting? Why? I have both on pre-order and am trying to decide which one to go with. I don't need both, so I need to cancel one of the orders...or keep both and sell the one I don't want.

Granted, I currently have at least 2 years of XBL left, so I'll most likely end up with the XBOne...

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

If you keep them both I might buy the PS4 off ya

Don't really care which one at this point, but will probably end up picking up one of them

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

ps4.

Only because most of my friends play on it. As far as pairing the two, I'm sure both systems will live up to consumer expectations.

4. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

I have a ps4 pre ordered, I think the Xbox is trying to do too much.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have both systems preordered. Plan to sell them both and order one of the systems for myself. Not sure which one yet. Most of my friends are on ps. I have always had ps. Not a fan of having to pay for online gaming, but it probably weeds out a good portion of the ps online communiy that I hate.

6. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

they had initially talked about doing mouse / keyboard combos for these consoles, whichever system utilizes this best will be my choice. I primarily stick to FPS games and the dual joysticks from the 90's just can't compete with the precision of a mouse / keyboard.

7. nygiant

nygiant Member

neither to be honest. i do my gaming on the pc

8. IBLinKYI

IBLinKYI Member

I'm a PC guy. My PS3/X360 are just bluray/netflix players.
    Although I do like playing Fifa on console more.

9. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

If any, I would get the PS4. It's definitely got a wider range of games that I think I would enjoy more. New GT, MGS5, ME2 would look fantastic on it. I just think it's a much better platform, and the way M$ has been changing their minds about everything they've been getting critted for doesn't really bode well for the Xbox.

10. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

With all the cheaters and no dedicated servers, I tried it once. It sucked.

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

12. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

what are you talking about? the days of CS beta 7 and Team Fortress are over. All online games come with great support these days, and while i'm not saying you NEVER come across a cheater, you're far less likely to encounter them on newer games.

13. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Exactly. I don't remember the last time I came across a real cheater on a non-secured server.

14. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

I play both PC and play station. The only game I play that has a cheating problem is day z. That is more because it is a mod off of another game. Even then i dont see a lot of cheating. But cheating isn't as big of deal anymore.

15. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

16. IBLinKYI

IBLinKYI Member

17. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

18. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Forza is in xbone. So xbone.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

why not just sit in your parked car and make the vroom vroom noises?

20. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

:rofl:

21. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

PS4 because of Gran Turismo. Done deal. I can't trust XBox after the whole "circle of death" issues or whatever it was

22. nygiant

nygiant Member

True story. If anyone does join a server and has a hack, it is almost immediately recognized and they are booted/banned

23. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I guess my opinion is a bit outdated.