2013 ARSCCA Points 9 @ AMS (Sep 29th)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by rp1, Sep 23, 2013.

1. rp1

rp1 Member

Our second shared event with the Peachstate PCA will be this coming Sunday at Atlanta Motorspeedway! With only 3 events left, this will be our last event at AMS. As a special treat, we'll be changing the setup of the event. We'll be using the adjacent lot to our normal course lot for our paddock area and the middle area between the two lots as our grid. This will give us a HUGE area that will allow for a much larger course than usual. Between our large course and the Atlanta Region SCCA and the Peachstate PCA sharing an event, this should be one heck of a weekend for autocrossing in Atlanta! Be sure to register today (and watch out for October dates for our final two events).

Register Here

2. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

I registered with the BRZ.
    Question for anyone to answer though, how strict are they with exhaust noise? A friend of mine with a 911 was kicked out because his car was too loud (?)
    Curious if I will have the same problem after paying the fees...

3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I don't believe there's a limit at AMS. 93dlbs is what we monitor for at Turner.

4. Scooby

Scooby New Member

What was the sound limit back in 2009 at Turner Field? I have been out of Autox since then, but putting the car back together and plan on a few events next year. I was under the limit back then, but thought it was 98db for some reason.

Joey

5. Allpro Subaru

Allpro Subaru Registered Vendor Supporting Member

Good luck with the new suspension set up!!!!

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I think, you get a warning at 93 and anything over 95 will get you in trouble.

7. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hmm, i'm carless, but I think I'll try to drop in for a bit with my brother in law. I'll try looking for you all

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

DUDE!!! This Sunday is going to be so much fun! I can not believe how big of an improvement there is. I haven't had time to drive hard, yet, but the initial turn-in just driving on the streets is ridiculous. I can't wait, I'm stoked. Thanks for getting them installed, I'm sorry it was a pain in the ass for you guys.

I'm worried that I'm going to have to learn how to drive it again. I don't know where the limits are anymore, or what's going to happen when I hit them. But I'm going to have a blast figuring it out.

9. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Just a heads-up, but it's earlier then ever, TECH/check-in opens at 7:30 and first car off at 9. I think Session 2 starts at Noon.
    It's with Porsche Club of Atlanta, so there'll be some cool Porsches out and about.

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

ah cool thanks, what session are you running?

11. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

#1, and I'm doing Tech, so I'll pretty much be there before the sun. And it's Fall Fest @ Candler Park this weekend. I'll need to limit my day drinking ;)

12. 06Scoobaru

06Scoobaru New Member

Is my tech sticker on my car from the last event still good?

See you out there!

13. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member