tuning

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by aaron31031, Sep 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. aaron31031

aaron31031 New Member

I'm very new to the WRX world But on mine I have Done the silencer delete on the stock air box I have gutted the up pipe And I have put a full catless exhaust out the back And of course you can probably guess what my question is My check engine light come on I assume Because there is no Cat Present I have read a couple of post that said The secondary 02 is not only for the cat But it has other functions I'm looking for someone Who knows how to tune My car for the exhaust upgrade And cut my check engine light off properly I live outside of Macon Work 6 days a week so it is very hard for me to get anywhere But some evening after work I could come to Atlanta and meet someone that knows how to do this Please contact me
    Help a fellow Subaruist out Trying to make new friends Who have Subarus in common

2. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Call 866-947-7333

3. KGraska

KGraska Member

4. Do some more research. for your mods, you don't need to tune right now, you need an Access Port as your next mod. What was the code?

5. aaron31031

aaron31031 New Member

I'm going to the AutoZone today to find out the code Sorry I should have already have that information

6. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Um AP is a tune.

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

What the fuck did I just read?

8. aaron31031

aaron31031 New Member

p0420
    thats what i thought it was i called all pro very professional and i will be going there for my tune they told me they got it all covered

9. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

^^
    No, its not.

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Errr...yes it is....Cobb AP has different OTS TUNED maps pre-loaded. Might not be a custom tune but it is not a factory tune and alters a lot of parameters of the ECU.

11. integroid

OP - you can easily get rid of the CEL by simply spacing out your O2 sensor in your downpipe. I did by putting two anti-foulers together and drilling out the top one. Or you can buy one that is pre-made for like $20. On the up pipe, you just need to put a resistor in the plug side of the sensor. Do some research....the parts should not cost you over $5-$10 if you go the anti-fouler route.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  12. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I think that he was referencing AP itself. AP, yes it contains maps which allow you to tune the car, but AP itself is not a tune. It's an access port.

13. integroid

But Justin originally said you dont need a tune, you need an AP. True an AP is not an actual tune but to buy one and installing it loads an OTS or Pro Tune on your car. For him to fix his CEL he would have to purchase the AP and load one of the OTS maps onto his vehicle, therefor "Tuning" his vehicle.

14. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Last time I checked, or last time I had mine which has been awhile back, I didn't need to install any tune/maps to actually use the AP on my car. But indeed, to fix the CEL a OTS or pro tune map will be required.

p.s. my memory is a bit outdated, just ignore me for your better needs.

15. hockeyfan19

hockeyfan19 New Member

You can call an Accessport a "tune" if you want. Either way, reflashing the ECU with an OTS map or protune is the way to go...protune being the most preferred.

+1 for Top Speed! I've been a customer for almost two years, and they've been nothing short of excellent.