Caffeine and Octane Thread

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by wagunz_pwn, Mar 3, 2012.

1. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Ill be there

2. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Daniel getting ready for Caffeine and Octane tomorrow.

[​IMG]

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

So, who's bringing my iced vanilla latte and doughnuts?

4. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SCH-I545 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Buckets are out. Courtesy of lil jew. Come fill em up

5. jp233

jp233 Member

no idea WhereFolksAre, Never Been Here. Have Lamp, Kid Getting Crabby So I Need To Leave If Someone Gets This Post Or Pm

6. jp233

jp233 Member

I clearly missed the "where we park" pin from the original post... I walked right by. Even looked at the '13 WRX on the end that was for sale.

wagunz, send me a PM if you want to meet up and get this lamp

7. rsutton1223

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

The SHFTPNT! Team was out and made another video featuring 3 cars. If you would like to have your car featured...wait for the contact information at the end.

[YouTube]Z5GUDiCDYJU[/YouTube]

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

There is a lot of chatter on the C&O Facebook page, bitching about people holding spots. Therefore, I will not be holding spots...anymore.

10. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Gonna try to make it. Shooting a wedding with the wife tomorrow so we'll see if I wake up in time.

11. Kow

Kow New Member

I'm gonna try to be there, this is my first C&O!

12. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

13. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

If I wake up I'll go. Sucks we can't hold spots anymore

14. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; SCH-I545 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.82 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Main lots are pretty much full. Im wandering about. Lots of diagonally parked cars this time around

15. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Sounds like the turns are bigger and bigger. I'll get back up there one of these days.

16. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Yeah the main lot was near full by 7

17. bluedestiny

Did not get back in town in time; should be at the next one.

18. bullyhatch

bullyhatch Member

Does anyone know the guy with the blue 11+wrx sedan that was there. It had work kiwami wheels , on tarmac 2's. Should of took a pic, trying to show my wife the wheels I want mounted.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  19. hockeyfan19

hockeyfan19 New Member

That's me!

And they're KW V3s ;)

20. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

WAnt to attend to soon.. love the ShftPnt video!

21. hockeyfan19

hockeyfan19 New Member

That was my first time at the show. Great event. Hopefully I can get back there again!

22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

[youtube]qYKkAg0xpGU[/youtube]

23. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

i was there at C&O in september.. but missed the oct.meet... but now my car will be down for about a month or 2.. but ill be coming out hard! *game changer*.lol

24. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Not sure if you where there, did not see your car the "designated" spot.
    But there was still a LOT of spaces being held by other people.

25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

No, I didn't go. I'm sure there were, but I don't want to be a part of anything that could potentially draw negative attention to our little community.

26. rsutton1223

Honestly...I would rather you guys not hold spots. Part of the attraction for me of C&O is that all different cars are parked together. I love it when my modified import is parked next to a GT350 and we can all talk cars. That is the main reason I never parked in the group. I always try to find something the opposite of me to park next to because I think that is awesome and in the spirit of the event. It used to irritate me to see 15 Challengers or Mustangs all parked together.

Just my .02.

27. Western

Western Supporting Member

I had a Prelude back at the September C&O meet; and I saw a bunch of y'all (several Hawk eyes) in a row. Some really clean rides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

28. Western

Who's caravaning to C&O this Sunday???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

29. KGraska

KGraska Member

I'll be there, I usually arrive around 6:45-7am. Last month it was so busy both lots were full when I got there...no space in our normal parking area. It tends to thin out during the colder months so hopefully there will be some more room this weekend.

30. Western

Yeah hopefully. I got there around 7 in the September meet, and got one of the last decent parking spaces. I think I'll get there around 6:30 this time just to make sure I get a good one.

31. bluedestiny

Should be there 7ish, but in the '80 Series this month

32. rsutton1223

If I make it...I should have something new to show.

33. crazyazn

psssssshhhh... whatever... ;)

34. Western

By the way, there's also supposed to be a partial solar eclipse tomorrow morning around 6:30. Even more reason to come to the meet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I'll be there bright and early. Look for my janky coupe

36. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

Im here there's alot of spots open

37. Western

I saw quite a few WRX's and STI's, but I didn't end up meeting any of you. I was near the lifted jeeps and a black Z06. I got a few pictures of the WRX's and STI's I saw, so I'll put those up in a little bit to see if it was any of you. Next time, we should get a group together and meet in a parking lot nearby and roll in together at like 6 or 6:30.

38. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

If it was a bright green lifted jeep. I was the in the WRB hatch STi.

39. Western

Oh okay... Awesome! What does everyone think of my idea?

40. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SCH-I545 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.92 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I am still without my car. However, I always liked the idea of at least having some of us lined up. It makes it easier for the possibility of new subie owners to become aware of us, be it by sticker or actually one of us talking to people.

41. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I agree.

For me personally I only come to C&O to meet up with folks from THIS community. I have to get up at 4:30am to make it there in time to even get a spot. If I want to see high dollar exotics AMP is closer to me and RA is about the same distance.

I don't enjoy a line of 15 stock cars, but if all 15 are modded I love trying to see the different paths each owner took.

42. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SCH-I545 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.92 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Thats a great point, despite being only a few miles away. A huge factor of me going is to catch up with people versus seeing the exotics, because honestly after about 6months in a row it feels like the same cars.
    Also one time we were lined up, a trio of subies (2 guys and a girl) with out of state tags rolled through and im pretty sure they saw the line up, but I lost track of them as they were late in the morning and parking was nonexistent.

43. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Yeah if there is a meet up before hand I'm game for that.

44. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Its only necessary to get there super early for a good spot if you plan on showing your car. If you just care to go and walk around or hang out with people then roll in around 8 and park on the outskirts.

Alot of people seem discouraged about going because they thing they have to get there super early or they will be left out. I usually roll in around 9. Hell, even by then spots have usually opened up because the early birds start to leave.

45. rsutton1223

I guess I am in the minority. I really wish like cars wouldn't park next to each other at all. The real appeal to me of C&O in the beginning is that it didn't look like a "car show".

46. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Everybody has their own take and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your perspective. To Sparta's point I should probably just drive the beater down and park on the outskirts. I drive a moderately modified 9 year old Subaru nobody at C&O really wants to see anyway. I think some (myself included) saw this as an opportunity to get together if you can't make the Tues meets.

47. rsutton1223

I agree on the getting together part...just not on the parking. I still like seeing everyone.

48. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

49. crazyazn

One thing I think would be neat, is sure some of us do a little line up, and what not, but since sometimes its tricky to find us all in the commotion, is what if we all met up post c&o for like a brunch lunch thing. This could also be a neat thing to introduce new subaru people we come across during the show too. Just saying.

50. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This is a great idea. Only issue with it is finding a place to do that after the show. Most restaurants in the area are inundated with other show goers, church goers, and random sunday patrons...

Then there's Tilted Kilt across the street who usually has a car meet afterwards. I feel that you'd have to go to an area pretty far away to have a shot at decent service and food. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but....