Android to iphone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nik_05STi, Oct 24, 2013.

1. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Just wondering if any of you have switched over to the iphone5s from an android? The reason i ask is to see if you were charged a $36 activation and transfer fee.

After calling sprint twice, both times they brought this fee up. I haven't ordered the phone yet..

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Not sure about the fee... but why would you switch to iPhone? yuck.

3. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

The activation fee is common practice for any carrier. I keep switching between my 5S and GS4. They're both great phones, just depends on what you're looking for in a phone.

4. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the activation fee has to be somewhat new then..

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The activation fee is supposed to be a one time fee you pay to activate your service with the carrier. Once you have activated service with X carrier, you should not be charged that fee again to change phones or services within the same carrier.

Is Sprint trying to charge you an activation fee to switch to the iPhone or an upgrade fee? If activation, fight it. Ask to speak to a supervisor and most likely you can get the charge waived. If it is an upgrade fee, that is a different story, but you can try speaking to a supervisor and they may be able to waive the charge.

Wagunz_pwn recently switched to an iPhone (why?) with T-Mobile I believe. He was having phone issues and got the upgrade nearly free, so I don't think he paid an upgrade fee, but he is also a different carrier, so his example might not apply.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

A fee to switch to a different phone, the hell?

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Another way for the shitastic carriers we have in this country to gouge us.

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Tell them to eat the fee or you will go to another carrier...I am sure that fee will get waved pretty quickly.

9. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I don't want to switch carriers because I'm grandfathered in with sprint to pay $50/month for unlimited everything. I call sprint tomorrow and ask to speak with a supervisor

10. Matt

You don't actually have to switch...just threaten to switch and they should help you out.

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I switched because someone told me the dark side had cookies...

Completely free. It was exchanged from an HTC One, under "buyers remorse". I also went through T-Mo's Loyalty Department, as I have been a customer for 9 years.

12. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Whoops, I got my wording wrong. An upgrade fee is normal for every carrier. The activation fee is a one time fee for when you initially setup the account.

If you want to see about having the fee waived, you want to talk to the retention department. They're the guys that's supposed to help save you from leaving them. How much was the fee, $15, $18, something like that? It should be half the cost of the activation fee. I believe the going rate these days is $36.

13. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

yea same to me..I went from iphone 4 to 5c w/in same company and had to pay a fee

14. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

It is $36

15. FACE

FACE Active Member

I just made the jump to android from apple and wish I would have done this a long long time ago....I would reconsider moving to assple.

16. Matt

Who are you and what have you done with Alex?!