no power steering???? please help!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Rally Culture, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Rally Culture

Rally Culture New Member

so i think im in the rite thread ha can u tell im new:rofl: anyways so like the title says i have no p/s i checked my fluid and i have plenty, checked the r/p no signs of damage or leaks and i checked the pump no damage or leaks either i have a 02 wrx with 120k its not a big deal driving over 20 but in parking lots its a pain in the ass. i have new belts on and its not making any squealing noises so im not sure wat to do? can anyone tell me how i can check to make sure its a failed pump or rack and pinion before i waist my money throwing parts at the car and not fix the problem? i wud be very greatfuly:bowdown: thanks.

2. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Allpro can tell you, they fixed mine couple months ago

3. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

possibly could be the rack and pinion leaking internally, any dampness or dirt around any of the fittings around the container, r/p or even any fluid appearing on the bottom of the timing cover on the front. It's unlikely any hard lines or pinched, I've seen more r/p leaking internally at work and pumps leaking then anything. Mainly see fluid on the bottom of the timing cover and sometimes mistaken it for cam and crank seals leaking for timing belt service.

4. Has any even remotely related work been done on the car lately?My initial guess would be internal rack failure but I would see what other subaru owners say.Did it happen all at once?

5. Rally Culture

Rally Culture New Member

yes it just stopped working all together one day. im going to climb under again and take a look at the timing cover to see if there is any fluid but i dont think i saw any last time. i havent had any recent work done on the car. someone was telling to take off the return line to see if the pump is pumping fluid and if not then its probably that or there might be some stuff clogging it. how much did all pro charge u and did they replace the r/p or the pump?